Speedy orange worm/pods? What are these?

Blue Z Reef

I think the orange or red ones are Tigger pods right? I was just recently looking on Algae Barn at pods and I do remember it saying that the Tiggers are red, so probably Tiggers?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, TaylorW said:

I think the orange or red ones are Tigger pods right? I was just recently looking on Algae Barn at pods and I do remember it saying that the Tiggers are red, so probably Tiggers?

They very well could be but they are worm like, not pod like. It’s weird. I couldn’t find them last night when I looked.

• Like 1

They very well could be but they are worm like, not pod like. It’s weird. I couldn’t find them last night when I looked.

Oh wow now I can see the video, yesterday it wouldn't work when I tried to watch it. Those little suckers move fast, I was just going by your description yesterday I have no clue what those are. I've had my share of weird things in my tanks too

So I think I've found it and jarmitage is correct, it's a epitoke stage of a polychaete or Bristleworm... Baby Bristleworm or the like. They are seen at night and swim fast in a spiraling random motion and appear to bump into things at times apparently. Really cool that you got it on video [emoji106]

11 hours ago, jtarmitage said:

Bristle worm larvae still in the free swimming stage

This makes the most sense based on their movement and look, thanks for the ID!

2 hours ago, TaylorW said:

So I think I've found it and jarmitage is correct, it's a epitoke stage of a polychaete or Bristleworm... Baby Bristleworm or the like. They are seen at night and swim fast in a spiraling random motion and appear to bump into things at times apparently. Really cool that you got it on video emoji106.png

Yeah, I definitely have the usual red/black bristle worms in the tank so makes the most sense! It was really weird to see them, first time I’ve ever seen them in my years of reef keeping. Main thing was the bright orange color that made them stand out from the typical see through pods we are used to seeing.

• Like 1