MRC Dual Chamber Calcium Reactor

kilmca

I was going to set this up until I started to add up the cost of all the additional equipment i needed.  I was planning on getting the Carbon Doser regulator and peristaltic feed pump so that's quite a bit.  I'm going to stick with the kalk reactor and supplement with dosing.  Going with Trident eventually.    

MRC dual chamber calcium reactor.  Got this from Ron a while back.

Main chamber is 6" diameter and 18" tall.

Second chamber is 4" diameter and 18" tall.

Magdrive 7 pump.

Footprint is 14" x 14" and total height is 22"

Probe holder

It's full of Reborn calcium reactor media and comes with a 3/4 full bucket of additional media.

3/4 gallon of Caribsea ARM reactor media coarse.

Asking $250

IMG_20200410_203918.jpg

IMG_20200410_203935.jpg

IMG_20200410_203955.jpg

IMG_20200410_204111.jpg

For what it's worth, the regulator that you mention as well as the peristaltic pump are purely optional components. Well the regulator itself is obviously not optional, but that brand is. There's plenty that are much more affordable. Peristaltic pump is not at all necessary. Although if you really wanted one, Ecotech's new Versa units are only $150. Ultimately you'll save money in the long run, as I'm sure you know. Good luck with the sell either way. I'm tempted to grab it myself. Although there's more equipment on my "need" list as compared to "wanting" to upgrade my CaRx. [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

For what it's worth, the regulator that you mention as well as the peristaltic pump are purely optional components. Well the regulator itself is obviously not optional, but that brand is. There's plenty that are much more affordable. Peristaltic pump is not at all necessary. Although if you really wanted one, Ecotech's new Versa units are only $150. Ultimately you'll save money in the long run, as I'm sure you know. Good luck with the sell either way. I'm tempted to grab it myself. Although there's more equipment on my "need" list as compared to "wanting" to upgrade my CaRx. emoji16.pngemoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i know those pieces of equipment are not required but everything i read online and a few people i surveyed from here says go with the fancy regulator and peristaltic pump if you have the money.  i was planning on getting the Versa unit if i did go with the reactor.  I am conflicted on setting this up or sticking with the kalk reactor and dosing but i want to stick with what i know since it's working.  i have read and heard that once a reactor is setup it's easy to manage but it does take some time at first to get it dialed in...that concerns me the most.  also i have (2) 5 gallon buckets of kalk that i got for free so i'm set on kalk for a long time.  

• 10 months later...

well, this is still available and i now have a Cole-Palmer Masterflex 7523-70 peristaltic pump with 7518-10 easy load head and tubing plus quick disconnects. 

Also have a small C02 tank partially full.   

while i was accumulating all of this I started dosing Tropic Marin all for reef and i'm really liking the results so i'm going to stick with that.  it might cost more than a reactor but it's easy to use.  

how about $600 for everything in this post?   reactor, media, pump, tank

4VAMjaNEpiUkTWS9k_O5Ul2Cb1lLqBi7ozZUCIef7_dU0FSKxJZZKP7GaEy9fugBUa6Kh5gwK-FjE70jMzyf-ADTnZ-EbDpVCYwIjIaOTNuWUhcpYszZ2XoBPcw5wpRlNn9fBe3eCcWt0gwsxB9GlNebcdCKUVzG8Q9cAQszH7OaVDCL8BnAFvSO8eNvdurbFdwtXKvG1UB2YEyX_HBYLVyXFQx-tSDltjAGtLokaAxfowJa93itJ2CQNxPaGtyELLLqER1GP84p0ZYyvU3SECVpPrYUm6QSg0axgr1s_rVLx5jalxNpIFzi_xqzhJ9iJTCqislXGsavcsDFzio_uaMkAM2nKW5vP25xJHcca1z1irYoSPjEcJoUCmMWCc9H6PHMw7C5m3kcn3Fd7SEmPH549YLf2GBkdFeh_Dva0PAfSWWPjRvsXSOLkXWRfymF9UhJYzp0YAjRZ5QEUmnLH7XuMeVk-p1S_kv0UKfCabffxunXeG_iwTSo6eeIt7sNdSL8-lQ44H2FpxaIkaGFBODU-tyoix9ZntS-wZ_7OuAd3Mc-xeS6Lf0Q7vbwxGWiEx6Lqx2qNyUs7nhlOS6Dy5paUcwB0YlCkrqYVFn5nItp1oYjmXX4wDajXdH25_n2_4GuihhZPECvO8hUA--gmjt0e3iGf-Vk9PwFxNZoNVlJ_RGJs0BBIk167B1ngg=w528-h937-no?authuser=0

1 hour ago, kilmca said:

well, this is still available and i now have a Cole-Palmer Masterflex 7523-70 peristaltic pump with 7518-10 easy load head and tubing plus quick disconnects. 

Also have a small C02 tank partially full.   

while i was accumulating all of this I started dosing Tropic Marin all for reef and i'm really liking the results so i'm going to stick with that.  it might cost more than a reactor but it's easy to use.  

how about $600 for everything in this post?   reactor, media, pump, tank

I don't know about others, but I can't see the pictures.  Get this funny graphic of grey circle, with a white dash in it.

image.png