March Meeting Frag Swap - CANCELLED

THIS HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE.

As I mentioned in the actual meeting thread, we're going to try something a little different this go around. The ultimate success (or failure [emoji33][emoji79]) will be based on how many participants we can get. So here's what we're going to do:

There will be three price "Classes" for frags:

Third Class) This will be your basic corals, with an estimated value of less than $10.

Second Class) Mid range corals of values between $10-$30.

First Class) Higher end frags with a value greater than $30.

Undoubtedly there are corals with a much higher price point, but we're trying to keep as many people involved, at all levels, as possible.

The way the swap works is each person can bring up to 5 frags and place those frags in the designated section, based on price category. When you leave, you'll take a different frag home from each of the "categories" that you contributed to. So if you bring two second class frags and one third class, when you leave, you'll receive two different second class frags and a different third class frag.

Participants don't get to cherry pick which item they receive, it's more grab bag style swap. That's why it's imperative that people give an honest assessment to where they place corals. If you have any questions regarding value, just ask around and you'll get an honest answer.

As I said, the total participation rate will greatly affect how well this turns out. To help facilitate this process and make sure adequate participation for each price category, I thought it would be good for everyone to put an estimation on what they will bring. Something as simple as, "I'll bring two third class frags." Posting isn't required to participate, but I think it'll help encourage others to get engaged.

Lessssss gooooooo!!

-Andrew

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

That's a tough call. Without actually meeting up in person, frag swaps are kind of difficult to mention. At that point, they just kind of turn into trades. Speaking of which, you can always post up some stuff you have for trade and see if you get any bites. Hopefully we'll be meeting together soon enough. I'm definitely ready and willing, but it just depends on everyone else's willingness to participate. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Saltfishlover said:

Soo question.. members like me with trying to stock up a large tank..I have no frags.  Will there be the possibility of purchasing frags at these meetings?

In addition to the sale threads mentioned, people planning to trim large fast growing colonies will often offer pieces to people at the meetings so definitely worth following those meeting threads when they start back up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1