I made a Apex switch box :D

GreenJeans

3 buttons and two switches...what should I use it all for?

I was going to have 1 button for 5minute feed mode and another button for a 10 minute feed mode

One switch to toggle "maintenance mode", and another toggle for "oh god what's happening, go into safe-mode"

That leaves an extra button and an extra toggle switch free! What would you use them for?

MVIMG_20200223_140936(1).jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2021 at 2:06 AM, stillc said:

Do you have any tutorial with instructions to create a similar controller?
Probably a YouTube video

They are pretty simple. You need an 8 pin mini din cable, and the switches or connectors you want to use as well as some solder and a box. 
The connector pin out is below.

6 7 8
3 4 5 
 1 2 

These were the wire colors for each pin number
1 Pink
2 Red
3 Orange
4 Yellow
5 Green
6 Blue
7 Purple
8 Black

Pin 8 is the ground and should be run to one side of each connector/switch you are using. 

Connect wires 1-6 to the other sides of the /connectors/switches with wire 7 not being used. Once you have everything wired and in a housing, just plugin the connector to your apex. It should see the new connectors. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2020 at 12:14 PM, GreenJeans said:

3 buttons and two switches...what should I use it all for?

I was going to have 1 button for 5minute feed mode and another button for a 10 minute feed mode

One switch to toggle "maintenance mode", and another toggle for "oh god what's happening, go into safe-mode"

That leaves an extra button and an extra toggle switch free! What would you use them for?

MVIMG_20200223_140936(1).jpg

You could use a bottom to pause your dosing (if you dose, of course). There will be times when you want to make sure that the system doesn't dose anything (like swapping out solutions). You can set you button to pause dosing for X minutes. Or similarly, and this is what I do, you can use it to pause an auto water change system. Whenever I replenish the 50 gallon drum and batch up new salt water, I push a button and then the DOS pauses auto water change for 4 hours. This gives the new saltwater time to mix thoroughly before going into the system.