Apex Energy Bar Voltage Error

shaywood

I would first unplug everything from the energy bar and check to see if the error still shows up on fusion, if not then plug in each device one at a time to see if one of the devices is faulty. Since you got a notification about the skimmer first, I'd leave that unplugged and have it be the last thing you plug in and try.

Well, I'm open to ideas.  Called Apex tech support, who wasn't much help.  They took my information and said they would send me two emails with some suggestions, one includes a forced firmware update which I'll do.  They said there's nothing else they can do other than return the energy bar.  Here's what I've tried:

* Unplugged all devices from the energy and restarted controller.

* Unplugged the energy bar from my UPS backup and plugged in again.

* Unplugged/plugged in cable from controller to energy bar.

* Tried pressing-in the reset button on the back of the energy bar, but it's not popped out.  Doesn't appear to be tripped. 

* Lights on the front of the energy bar are working fine. Appears to be communicating fine with controller.  Controller says, "Voltage Error".

That unfortunately sounds like a faulty energy bar. A short from a piece of equipment wont really cause an error in voltage but rather a larger wattage due to more amps being used. I would be surprised that it would be a firmware issue since it looks like your other energy bars are working fine. If you have a voltage meter, you could check the wall outlet rms voltage that the bar is plugged into and make sure your getting between 110 to 120 volts. Another thing you could try is plugging in each piece of equipment directly into an outlet that works and see if each piece of equipment works fine. If all of the equipment works fine. Then it sounds like the energy bar is busted.

See my reply to your question on the Neptune forum for step by step instructions.  After saving your configuration summary, you can delete the old EB832 module to clean up your dashboard.

Unfortunately I’m in New York until Thursday, otherwise I’d loan you my spare EB832 until you can get a replacement.