Fishroom Remodel Has Begun!

obrien.david.j

Conclusion, changing settings on six lights is a repetitive/pain-in-the-<> process.   Spent time this morning setting up profiles for overriding the lights.  Like "a guest is here, just turn on the lights", "it's night time, lets watch the tank in the dark.", "I want to try out a new single setting, let's just use One profile to practice with."

Ho Ho Ho, this is Christmas Mode.  (Thanks @SuncrestReef for the programming guide and thoughtful examples.)

• If Output Force-LED-ON = ON Then LED-AllRed

IMG_8997.jpg

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Did you use the Copy button to apply the settings from one Radion to the next?  I hope you didn’t actually make all the settings manually on each light.

Oh yes!  I found the copy button.

One slight flaw in my setup.   

• display tank: six radion Gen4 Pros
  • Frag tanks: three radion Gen3 Pros, one radion Gen4 Pro.  Copy button cant copy G3<->G4.  Oh well

Maybe I'll look for a Gen3Pro in good shape, and make the frag tanks all consistent.

(or, some day in the future, find a killer deal on Three more Gen4 Pros, and Upgrade the frag tank to be all G4.)

I'm really bummed ecotech made G5's incompatible with Apex.   I love having one integrated control system.

** BTW - anyone have two diffusers for Gen4's they'd sell reasonable?    I have four diffusers, and six lights over the display thank.  must find two more to equal it out.

34 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

You should probably change the profile name:

If Output FORCE-LED-ON = ON Then LED-Algae-Grow

🤣

Noooo   This is the stage to not grow algae.   (Normally the lights are low, and very blue.)  My son wants me to change the outlet name...  

• If Output Red-Light-District = ON Then LED-Algae-Grow
  • Haha 2

Holiday's Update;   Used one of the nice days to clean the salt water mixing container, and the rest of the time is all on the stand.  Mounting power supplies, and painting the hood/skin.   1st coat of primer is on.

Pro Tip, scrub brush on a stick didn't really clean the mixing container.  But Muriatic Acid does a fine job!

Cleaning Mixing Container:

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_9012.jpgIMG_9016.jpg

IMG_9014.jpg

IMG_9015.jpg

Edited by obrien.david.j
  • Like 1

Little bit of a late update, but the hood and skin is primed, painted, installed - and doing great!   I've moved on to the obvious cable management that's needed underneath.   What's cool about a tank that's 3' wide, and doesn't have any plumbing under it ... I can completely climb inside to work on it.  

Although there's always something More to tweak or do, this tank is officially moving onto the Focus on Livestock stage.

Stand & Hood:

IMG_9099.jpg

IMG_9100.jpg

Some Electrical Work:

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

• Like 3

Some new additions.  Thanks Jeff @CuttleFishandCoral, the tank now has a nice large Blond Naso Tang  and the frag tanks have a new Copper Banded Butterfly who's eating well and a simple scopas tang.  There's some junk in the tank that needs cleaning up.

New NasoIMG_9268.jpg

Full Tank Crew, a shot of the aquascape, and I'm in the uglies phase still.IMG_9270.jpg

Little Scopas for frag tank cleanupIMG_9241.jpg

Copper banded butterfly, eating well right into the tankIMG_9240.jpg

Eating Hikari frozen cubes of Spirulina Brine Shrimp

• Like 1

I installed The Plank on one end of the tank last weekend, which meant the screen had to be pulled back ~2".  And I haven't rebuilt it yet.   Isn't that the time the Diamond Goby (who I have barely even seen) chooses to check out the surface.  

OR, my netting has too big of holes.   In either case, rebuilding the screen means going to smaller netting and covering the whole tank surface.

What's wrong with this picture?

IMG_9294.jpg

• Sad 1

On 1/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, obrien.david.j said:

I installed The Plank on one end of the tank last weekend, which meant the screen had to be pulled back ~2".  And I haven't rebuilt it yet.   Isn't that the time the Diamond Goby (who I have barely even seen) chooses to check out the surface.  

OR, my netting has too big of holes.   In either case, rebuilding the screen means going to smaller netting and covering the whole tank surface.

What's wrong with this picture?

IMG_9294.jpg

What is wrong with the picture ?
The composition is perfect I would say. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:31 PM, titus'reef said:

What is wrong with the picture ?
The composition is perfect I would say. 

Thanks to @titus'reef help Friday, the tank now has a diamond goby again.    Settled in right away, and just like the last one, is hard to find in this tank.    FYI, smaller lid mesh netting is on order, and should be here the end of this week.  Gotta protect this jumper.

IMG_9310.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Thanks to @titus'reef help Friday, the tank now has a diamond goby again.    Settled in right away, and just like the last one, is hard to find in this tank.    FYI, smaller lid mesh netting is on order, and should be here the end of this week.  Gotta protect this jumper.

IMG_9310.jpg

It was nice meeting you Dave.
He is truly a jumper. How do you think I got him out? He jumped out under my watch.

Now I have sellers remorse. I miss my clean sand already. I guess I can’t have both, Clean sand and corals in the sand. 

Just now, titus'reef said:

It was nice meeting you Dave.
He is truly a jumper. How do you think I got him out? He jumped out under my watch.

Now I have sellers remorse. I miss my clean sand already. I guess I can’t have both, Clean sand and corals in the sand. 

Think of it this way, you sent him to a tank with Plenty of dirty sand that needs cleaning.   He should be One Happy Fish.

• Like 1