Attention Everyone

Chief

We are cleaning up our membership file.   It has come to our attention that a large number of members are listed as supporting members that have not paid their dues.   A little history.

When we set up the paid membership program, it asked every member if they would like to set up autorenewals.  We thought this was a great idea that our members could stop when ever they wanted to.   What we found out is that even though a member would opt out of autorenewals on our site, paypal would still pay the autorenewal.   It was up to each member to go into paypal to cancel the autorenewal.   We turned off autorewals at this site so this would not happen.   Inadvertantly this turned off the expiration dates of our supporting members.   They would not revert back to regular members after their supporting member status was over.   

So now I am cleaning that up and we will be starting a new subscription system once it is cleaned up.   If you feel that you have been removed in error, please PM me and I will get this fixed.

Jay

• Thanks 3

So I spent the time pruning all of the users that should not be supporting members and then did the converstion to the new subscribtion software.   The conversion reverted all the changes I made so I will have to go in and do it again.   Oh well at least the new software is more organized and easier to spot the ones I need to revert.   That is a job for tomorrow night.

Jay

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Also I have turned back on renewals so we have expiration dates.   Keep in mind if you choose to use renewals, then paypal will set up renewals and if you want to cancel, you will need to go into your paypal profile to turn it off.

Jay

• Like 3

Also I have turned back on renewals so we have expiration dates.   Keep in mind if you choose to use renewals, then paypal will set up renewals and if you want to cancel, you will need to go into your paypal profile to turn it off.

Jay
I like auto renewals. I know a couple people complained last time, but I think their complaints are unfounded. Everything is on auto these days and it's the most seamless way to do it. People should be capable of cancelling their own subscriptions. When I sign up for Pandora, do I complain to them when they take out my next payment even though I was "planning" on cancelling before the payment was due? Thanks for all the work, Chief!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

I like auto renewals. I know a couple people complained last time, but I think their complaints are unfounded. Everything is on auto these days and it's the most seamless way to do it. People should be capable of cancelling their own subscriptions. When I sign up for Pandora, do I complain to them when they take out my next payment even though I was "planning" on cancelling before the payment was due? Thanks for all the work, Chief!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It sounds like the problem was that auto renewals were controlled in two places that were not linked.  So you think you cancelled the renewal on PNWMAS, but PayPal didn't get that notification and renewed anyway.  Pandora doesn't have multiple places you need to cancel a renewal.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

It sounds like the problem was that auto renewals were controlled in two places that were not linked.  So you think you cancelled the renewal on PNWMAS, but PayPal didn't get that notification and renewed anyway.  Pandora doesn't have multiple places you need to cancel a renewal.

It’s the same process as cancelling other subscriptions. The system intentionally makes it difficult. 
I was President when it auto renewed and there were a handful of people that i would refund when they messaged me. It was not a lot of work for the steady revenue the club was bringing in and certainly less than what Chief is going through.

There is also a way to cancel the autorenewal.

In the last we lost quite a bit of revenue with the old system.  The member dues actually bring in a lot of steady money to keep the club going.
I would vote for keeping auto renewal and just maybe having instructions on how to cancel.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I am soo utterly confused.  Am  I currently a paid member?  And why am I a zoanthid?  

Maybe it's your toxic personality that awarded you the rank of zoanthid lol

and your profile doesn't say you are a supporting member so pay up!

Edited by Manny Tavan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I am soo utterly confused.  Am  I currently a paid member?  And why am I a zoanthid?  

This is fertile ground for commentary but no...

As Manny mentioned, the fact that you do not see "supporting member" under your profile pic suggests that your membership has lapsed but you may want to wait until Chief confirms that he is done with his corrections.  Suncrest's suggestion would be another way to try and verify if your last payment was more than a year ago (assuming you paid through the site).

As for the zoanthid part - those headings are driven by post count if I'm not mistake - hence Kim (Emerald) has the "Top Poster" moniker.  Can't recall if I have ever seen a list of those names/post count assignments though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chief said:

We are cleaning up our membership file.   It has come to our attention that a large number of members are listed as supporting members that have not paid their dues.   A little history.

When we set up the paid membership program, it asked every member if they would like to set up autorenewals.  We thought this was a great idea that our members could stop when ever they wanted to.   What we found out is that even though a member would opt out of autorenewals on our site, paypal would still pay the autorenewal.   It was up to each member to go into paypal to cancel the autorenewal.   We turned off autorewals at this site so this would not happen.   Inadvertantly this turned off the expiration dates of our supporting members.   They would not revert back to regular members after their supporting member status was over.   

So now I am cleaning that up and we will be starting a new subscription system once it is cleaned up.   If you feel that you have been removed in error, please PM me and I will get this fixed.

Jay

Thanks for taking this on Jay - I am sure it is a giant pain but it will be great to have this sorted and provide better clarity to all the members and the officers/BOD as well.  Let us know if there is something we can help with on this side.

19 hours ago, albertareef said:

This is fertile ground for commentary but no...

As Manny mentioned, the fact that you do not see "supporting member" under your profile pic suggests that your membership has lapsed but you may want to wait until Chief confirms that he is done with his corrections.  Suncrest's suggestion would be another way to try and verify if your last payment was more than a year ago (assuming you paid through the site).

As for the zoanthid part - those headings are driven by post count if I'm not mistake - hence Kim (Emerald) has the "Top Poster" moniker.  Can't recall if I have ever seen a list of those names/post count assignments though.

You can actually change the member title to what every you want ! I am now the master butt crack ! 

56 minutes ago, Chief said:

Ok the transition is completed.   There might be a couple of one offs, but everything should be cleaned up now.   The new subscription software is working very well.

So what is the process each member should follow to see if their membership is current, or if they are overdue to subscribe?