Meeting At Stylasters Place

badxgillen

That is right! We are all headed up north for our next meeting over to the reputable reefer Stylaster's house!

If you have not seen his amazing setups then you are in for a treat, this guy has been doing this for a long time and he most certainly does it well! 

Roy S Tank 2019.jpg

Just look at his custom made aquarium, It is a  312g with a 125g sump a 40g refugium and a 50g frag tank plumbed through into his garage, all full of corals. He also knows a thing or two about the hobby making him a very versed person to chat with about all things aquatic. So feel free to bring your questions as there will be a wealth of knowledge in several of the people attending this gathering, some real salty dogs if you know what I mean.

And in addition to Stylaster opening his home for us to meet up at, we will have food, beverages, and raffles to participate in for those who attend. Being a little further up north it seems like a good time to do a little bit of a frag swap too so I will include the link to a trade thread here...

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/46526-frag-swap-at-roys-house/

Where244 Sparks Drive, Kelso WA 98626

When - Saturday Febuary 1st 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM

What - Food, friends, fun, and frags!!!

So save the date and make the drive out, you won't want to miss it and we don't want to miss you!

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, albertareef said:

So... am I the only one that can't see the pic?  Nothing like a good teaser to peak interest eh Bert 😁

Me too.  Other threads still show photos, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with out Amazon payment.  Try uploading it again.

21 minutes ago, Nicknjo said:

Nice, something relatively close to home. emoji106.png hope I can get off work for this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We try and move the meetings around so people don’t always have to travel to Portland. Roy’s system is well worth seeing if you can make it. He has an amazing display tank and grow out setup going. 

• Like 1

We will have a few items to be won for the raffle!

One of my personal favorite magazines out there right here! Tons of great articles, sweet photographs, interesting interviews, exotic locals, and of course, amazing corals.

Coral Magazine collection gift.jpg

We have a stack of this informative literature to be raffled off that will give your reefing library a serious boost!

If your not into reading much, or already have a subscription to Coral magazine, then we will also have a couple nice gift certificates available that can help you add some nice stock to your aquarium.

Paradise corals logo.png

Paradise Coral has a very good selection of designer Zoanthids and other very nice looking livestock, get a chance at winning some spending power at this meeting in Kelso.

Eheimfeeder__19043.1445965959.650.65022b.jpg

Another item on the list of prizes is a Eheim Auto Feeder, one of the reliable and versatile feeders on the market. It is nice to have these on hand when leaving for prolonged periods of time, or to simply keep those fish that eat multiple times a day happy like Anthias and such.

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing what"s been happening with this system - always a real show stopper for sure.  There will be food, raffles, frags and good reef talk so make sure you stop by if you can.  This is one of our most "northerly" meeting locations so a great opportunity for some of our WA members to take part in something closer to home perhaps.  Hope to see a lot of you there.  BTW - Jim @Gumby posted a thread with some nice frags he has available to bring to the meeting so you might want to take a look at that as incentive 😁

34 minutes ago, badxgillen said:

Another item in the raffles will be the Santa Monica Filtration Waterfall Algae Scrubber, something that I have been wanting to try out for some time now. I guess I will have to tap into my coral funds to grab a few more tickets for this one.

FYI -- This is the Santa Monica HOG.5 Hang-On-Glass UAS Upflow Algae Scrubber rated for 1/2 cube feeding per day, so it's meant for smaller systems.

And... in case you haven't been to Roy's before and are worried about finding it don't!  It is super easy if you are coming either direction on I5.  Basically get off at exit 42, head west on Lexington Bridge drive and keep going until it dead ends.  It changes name to Sparks enroute but you literally don't have to make any turns at all.  Just pull over and park before you drive off the end of the road 😁

• Thanks 1

My wife (Heather) and I (Josh) just joined this forum a week ago. We don't know much about how these club gatherings work, However we are going to make the trip up to Washington to meet some of you (we live in Springfield OR). We have some frags that we would love to swap but maybe at the next gathering. Its a long drive so I should have made this post days ago in order to plan better. Our tank is mostly SPS corals and that's what frags we have, also type of frags we are looking for. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all tomorrow.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dopp said:

My wife (Heather) and I (Josh) just joined this forum a week ago. We don't know much about how these club gatherings work, However we are going to make the trip up to Washington to meet some of you (we live in Springfield OR). We have some frags that we would love to swap but maybe at the next gathering. Its a long drive so I should have made this post days ago in order to plan better. Our tank is mostly SPS corals and that's what frags we have, also type of frags we are looking for. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all tomorrow.

Welcome, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the meeting.  As for what to expect, you'll find a bunch of dedicated reef keepers who love to talk about the hobby, their aquarium systems, current problems they may be facing, successful things they've done, and sharing tips in general.  You'll also likely find some people who brought along some frags they're looking to trade or sell on the spot, and you're welcome to bring some of your own to trade or sell.  Most meetings take place at various coral/fish/aquarium stores, but some (like this one) are at club member's homes.  We always provide food at the meetings, and an assortment of raffle prizes.  Supporting (paid) club members get one complimentary raffle ticket at each meeting, and you can purchase additional raffle tickets if you want to increase your odds of winning. Just show up, don't be shy, introduce yourself, and soon you'll be immersed in conversations with lots of similar-minded reef keepers!

40 minutes ago, Dopp said:

Glad to hear you will be joining us!  They are primarily pretty informal affairs with lots of time to check out the host's setup, chat reef with fellow enthusiasts, have some snacks and take part in raffles (if you so desire) and trade some frags.  Definitely a great way to get acquainted with some of the club members.