December Meeting 2019

badxgillen

So we are just a couple days away from our December meeting - time to get yourself stoked up for all the great raffle prizes (ReeFi extreme light, Apex, LFS gift certificates, salinity probe, cell phone lens/filter kit, RO/DI setup to name a few) and (in)famous white elephant gift exchange!  Not to mention pizza, beverages and the company of your fellow reefers - all in their best holiday spirits of course!

Hope you plan to join us for this always festive event (details in OP).  C'mon folks... you know you can't resist!!!

• Like 3

So we are just a couple days away from our December meeting - time to get yourself stoked up for all the great raffle prizes (ReeFi extreme light, Apex, LFS gift certificates, salinity probe, cell phone lens/filter kit, RO/DI setup to name a few) and (in)famous white elephant gift exchange!  Not to mention pizza, beverages and the company of your fellow reefers - all in their best holiday spirits of course!
Hope you plan to join us for this always festive event (details in OP).  C'mon folks... you know you can't resist!!!
I'll be there for sure but might be a few minutes late, been craving some 'In n Out'.... Finally!

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

• Haha 2

Yeah - hope this doesn’t mess up I5. Funny, I went there a few times when living in Pasadena and thought it was just OK. Preferred Lucky Burger myself. 
Just 'OK'? Are you kidding me? It's better than any burger from up here, that's for sure, lol. Lucky Burger is ok, but Lucky Boy on Arroyo Parkway, now that place is awesome for pastrami sandwiches! I like Tommy's and In 'n Out, 2 all time faves.

Anybody want a 4x4 animal style?

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

2 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Just 'OK'? Are you kidding me? It's better than any burger from up here, that's for sure, lol. Lucky Burger is ok, but Lucky Boy on Arroyo Parkway, now that place is awesome for pastrami sandwiches! I like Tommy's and In 'n Out, 2 all time faves.

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

I realized this AM that I actually typed in the wrong burger joint when I posted this - was wondering if anyone would catch it 🙂. My actual fave was Tops Burger although I literally lived across the street (on Pico) from the Lucky on Arroyo.  The pastrami burger at Tops was also amazing (if you could actually eat it all).  I was addicted to the "large" order of fries which would come in its own box when you ordered to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

I kinda have to agree with Sean...  had In 'n Out a few times and didn't understand what all the fuss was about.  To me Burgerville taste better but also more $$$.  The best burger I think is from Ecliptic Brewing.  Go there during happy hour and save a little on the burger plus great beer.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, danlu_gt said:

I kinda have to agree with Sean...  had In 'n Out a few times and didn't understand what all the fuss was about.  To me Burgerville taste better but also more $$$.  The best burger I think is from Ecliptic Brewing.  Go there during happy hour and save a little on the burger plus great beer.

Agree on Ecliptic - their signature burger (forgot the name) was simple but delicious. Pretty good fries too!

OK - had to go look it up ECLIPTIC BURGER  1/3 pound beef patty, pancetta, red onion, aged gruyere, russian dressing, potato bun

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Agree on Ecliptic - their signature burger (forgot the name) was simple but delicious. Pretty good fries too!

OK - had to go look it up ECLIPTIC BURGER  1/3 pound beef patty, pancetta, red onion, aged gruyere, russian dressing, potato bun

The russian dressing makes it so good!  Who's up for happy hours after the holidays?

4 hours ago, CoralReefTankers said:

Thanks everyone! It was a ton of fun! My boys thought everyone was so nice and cool! And my wife and I want to thank everyone for being so willing to talk with and involve our boys. 

Glad you could make it and bring the family. Always nice to see new faces and young reef keepers in the making. Hope we see you at some future meetings. 
Happy Holidays!