Herbatana

Jeffster

I have used herbtana. I had some clowns get what I thought was ich at the time. Later identification led me to believe it was brooklynella. Herbtana did nothing for this problem, but it’s not supposed too. I noticed that it smelt a lot like pinesol. When I would add it it my zoas and toadstools would close up. They opened back up a few hours later. Also, my skimmer would go nuts, if left on. I’m not the most experienced person on this forum by a long shot, but I think the most tried and true method for curing disease is a Q.C. Tank. Most of the the most effective medications are not reed safe. Just my opinion, Pete

1 hour ago, Spschampion said:

I have used herbtana. I had some clowns get what I thought was ich at the time. Later identification led me to believe it was brooklynella. Herbtana did nothing for this problem, but it’s not supposed too. I noticed that it smelt a lot like pinesol. When I would add it it my zoas and toadstools would close up. They opened back up a few hours later. Also, my skimmer would go nuts, if left on. I’m not the most experienced person on this forum by a long shot, but I think the most tried and true method for curing disease is a Q.C. Tank. Most of the the most effective medications are not reed safe. Just my opinion, Pete

I looked up some more information and it did work for the ones that left the skimmer off for 10 days. Others had skimmer going and it didn’t work. I will let anyone know in 8 days. I’m crossing my fingers.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:13 PM, Jeffster said:

5 days and I think it’s getting better. As usual time will tell.

Today the Tang  is looking great! No black spot, all of the other fish are good also. My skimmer has been off all the time as directions said to. Still a few days left. Inverts are still here and healthy looking 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 1:39 PM, Jeffster said:

I looked up some more information and it did work for the ones that left the skimmer off for 10 days. Others had skimmer going and it didn’t work. I will let anyone know in 8 days. I’m crossing my fingers.

My Blue Tang is alive and well,  I used the Herbana Microbe lift for the full 10 days plus and all of the Black spots are gone. My Yellow Wrasse had torn tail and it healed ( it could have been ick ) so I used  1/2 & 1/2 Herbana and Imagitirium ick cure and every thing is looking excellent, even snails , crabs and shrimp . I am going to give it 1/2 dose a day taking turn for another week. I was hoping to avoid strong chemicals. I tested the water a couple of times and it was great, it kind of smells good too in the room. I haven't been running the skimmer which they recommend.  I was not to sure about these products but I like them for now.

• Like 1