3D printing

Kingtriton92

Is anybody 3d printing their own aquarium components?  I recently ordered my first printer and am curious what cool reef related projects others have done.

I'm planning a PC cooling fan housing/ mount,  corner frag racks, copepod safe house and if I can get my hands on some filter grade graphine,  a prototype for a freshwater protein skimmer. 

What have you made or dream about making?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Thingiverse has some great stuff to print. I even did a pod condo off there too. Haven’t used it yet though.

even saw recently a company redo the whole housing for a MP10 to make it wider flow! Skys the limit if you have the time to tinker!

I know a guy who makes skimmer impellers for Jebaos!  :)

• Like 1

Also make sure your getting the correct filament type as far as material type. PLA seems to be the easiest and most forgiving but from research and my own 3d printing, I've found that non dye infused ABS is the longest lasting if the part is in saltwater, but is also more difficult to print because of temperature and shrink issues. I'm sure there's others on this forum that have some input. I've definitely printed up many parts for various aquarium equipment to the point that for my personal use on the hobby, it's a necessity.

• Like 1