Matteo's Nuvo 40 LPS & BTA Reef (New fts)

Matteo

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2020 at 7:50 PM, ocboat said:

Your tank looks fantastic.  Great job!  Can you list your current equipment if it is different from your original post?

IM Nuvo 40 

Stock media basket with filter pads, carbon, Purigen, and a mini refugium with chaeto 

IM AQUA Gadget 2-1 Chaetomax LED 

IM MightyJet 538gph w/ 1x Spin Stream 

IM Medium Size Nuvo Skimmer 

AI Nero 5 

Mp10

Aquatic Life T5 Hyrbid with 4x Nano Box V3 Arrays controlled w/Bluefish w/ 2x Giesemann Super Actinic T5HO

Tunze Nano ATO 

ATO Reservoir 6g Soy Sauce Bucket

300 Watt Ceramic Heater Externally Controlled and doubled up with finnex thermostat controller. 

That's pretty much it! 

Fantastic!  I'm hoping to upgrade this week to a used IM Nuvo 40 that I have a lead on.  I'm currently in an IM Nuvo Fusion 10 and have completely overstocked it with coral I picked up during the last WWC Live Sale.  🙄 🤩It's hard for me to resist those sales!  Do you have any pearls of wisdom for the setup now that you've had your tank a little while?  Any mistakes you made or 20/20 hindsight that I can learn from?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brunera said:

Fantastic!  I'm hoping to upgrade this week to a used IM Nuvo 40 that I have a lead on.  I'm currently in an IM Nuvo Fusion 10 and have completely overstocked it with coral I picked up during the last WWC Live Sale.  🙄 🤩It's hard for me to resist those sales!  Do you have any pearls of wisdom for the setup now that you've had your tank a little while?  Any mistakes you made or 20/20 hindsight that I can learn from?

Hmmmm 🤔

Not sure! Everyone's cup of tea is different. The only thing I did to it was place some foam inserts between the rear wall and media basket so they sit flush with the incoming water. 

I used basically all IM gear since it fits nice and was made for the tank. 

Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Matteo changed the title to Matteo's Nuvo 40 LPS & BTA Reef (New fts)
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you feel the IM skimmer is helping at all?  I want to add some additional filtration on my 50 lagoon and trying to decide if I want a skimmer, media reactor of something else.  I currently use a filter sock, IM UV sterilizer and the refugium light but it's not growing much algae.