Dying Anthias

Snappy

Started with 4 Bartletts Anthias that I got in December. A couple months ago one of the females started to show blemishes on her side fins that resembled white or clear spots or blotches instead of its healthy, uniform clear look. I'm unable to get close pictures of any sick fish spots unfortunately. She died after a week or 2 of first symptoms.

So down to 3 anthias then. About a month ago the last female showed the same fin spots, then her tail got picked away over a couple days and she didn't survive.

Currently I have 2 males. A couple days the less dominant male started showing the same ugly side fin blemishes, and even the tail isn't looking as good as yesterday.

I live in Salem. It is a challenge to net fish as I need to remove main reef rocks to do so. I only have one tank and no quarantine. Ideas?

Thanks

Ooh no I'm sorry! Without pics it could be hard to say... Sounds like possibly ich or velvet though but I'm no expert, at least my comment will put this at the top of the feed so someone more helpful could chime in. If you do end up needing a quarantine tank to treat your remaining fish I have a new extra10 gallon with filter and heater you can have, all you'd need is maybe a hang on skimmer and a piece of sponge from an established tank, I just tossed one in my sump last week in case something like this happens so I can just set up an emergency quarantine in a few minutes instead of having one set up all the time and taking up space, it's only been in there a few days though so the sponge probably isn't properly seeded yet but someone else may have one. I saw you're in Salem though and I'm in Gaston so may not be worth the drive. I hope you find a solution soon, and if you want the 10 gallon with the filter and heater it's yours. It's never been wet, bought three different sizes new during the $10 sale at Petco.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

If you are not sure I would recommend using some seachem stress guard. It's helped my wrasse with fin rot or a damaged tail fin, not sure which and also my blenny with what appears to be pop eye. I used it in my display with no harm to any coral. I have sps, lps, softies, anemone, snails, crabs, etc. It does make your skimmer go nuts.

Not positive if parasite or bacteria. By descriptions, maybe bacteria. I got a bottle of Imagitarium bacterial infection remedy. Started dozing earlier today. Unfortunately, it totally messed up the protein skimmer. Overflowed with thick foam like dish soap after 2 minutes. Luckily I heard it and shut it off with only a few drips on the floor. Unplugged the UV for the cycle too. Anyone else tried this stuff in a reef?