Thought I would share my new video about Breaking ICP Tests: Comparing Water Tests ICP-Analysis.com vs Triton ICP vs ATI Aquaristik ICP

What_The_Frag

Thanks for doing this video - very useful.

Always interesting to see/hear peoples' opinions on interfaces.  Personally, I think the data display/organization for Triton is way better than the Coralview which seems completely useless as you have to click through to individual elements to see the readings etc. - at least that is how it appears.  I liked the fact that Triton displayed targets in real numbers with deviations as well as providing the visual scale which made it easy to see if you were high/low and where that fell in regards to danger levels.  As noted, I also appreciate the detailed info/advice on corrective measures - even if they are couched in terms of Triton products, as one would expect from a vendor.  Obviously a matter of personal preference but I did feel that the analysis reporting was a strong suite of Triton.  That being said, the other parts of the Triton site (like associating a bar code to your aquarium) were some of the glitchiest web pages I have ever used and a major pain point in working with them (e.g. failed to upload an image multiple times, wouldn't allow text entry, would jump back and forth between eng and german).  I also ran afoul of their shipping issues and change in California delivery address so my original samples were lost.  It took a while to get a replacement kit (provided free) and resubmit so my turnaround time isn't really comparable.  I will say that their email support was surprisingly prompt.

Thanks again for putting this together.  Will be curious to hear of others experience with the alternate vendors.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TaylorW said:

What a great video! Very well made and informative, I've never personally used these types of tests myself but now I'm very curious to do one...

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

Thank you! Yeah I just started doing ICP tests roughly 8 months ago myself. Overall it's great information and I think that the companies offering these tests are on the right track for the most part.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, albertareef said:

Thanks for doing this video - very useful.

Always interesting to see/hear peoples' opinions on interfaces.  Personally, I think the data display/organization for Triton is way better than the Coralview which seems completely useless as you have to click through to individual elements to see the readings etc. - at least that is how it appears.  I liked the fact that Triton displayed targets in real numbers with deviations as well as providing the visual scale which made it easy to see if you were high/low and where that fell in regards to danger levels.  As noted, I also appreciate the detailed info/advice on corrective measures - even if they are couched in terms of Triton products, as one would expect from a vendor.  Obviously a matter of personal preference but I did feel that the analysis reporting was a strong suite of Triton.  That being said, the other parts of the Triton site (like associating a bar code to your aquarium) were some of the glitchiest web pages I have ever used and a major pain point in working with them (e.g. failed to upload an image multiple times, wouldn't allow text entry, would jump back and forth between eng and german).  I also ran afoul of their shipping issues and change in California delivery address so my original samples were lost.  It took a while to get a replacement kit (provided free) and resubmit so my turnaround time isn't really comparable.  I will say that their email support was surprisingly prompt.

Thanks again for putting this together.  Will be curious to hear of others experience with the alternate vendors.

Albertareef I definitely agree.  When I had the idea to do this video I was originally planning on scoring each of the 3 companies across several metrics. However, when I got my results back I was shocked that the experience and even the data was quite different from company to company. At that point i thought it would be a bit arbitrary for me to assign scores and do a review style video when the 3 were so different, so in the end I decided to leave it up to the viewer to decide which one fits their situation the best. Personally I'm still using the Triton test because I stocked up on it during Black Friday and I'll probably keep using it because I have more historical data in their system. However, if I have an emergency I'd probably opt for CoralVue.  I actually just sent in another Triton test today after using all my home test kits on the same sample of water, I'm interested to see home much variance I get compared to the ICP test. That's one thing I wish I would have done when I sent in the previous 3 tests but oh well. I'll share my results when they come in and do a comparison in case it might benefit anyone.

Here's what tested with my home kits:

• Alkalinty (Hanna)
  • Calcium (Hanna)
  • Phosphate (Hanna)
  • Magnesium (Salifert)
  • Iodine (Red Sea)
  • Potassium (Salifert)
    Edited by What_The_Frag
    • Like 2