Algae scrubber

Bicyclebill

Anyone running one of these? If not, how are you keeping nitrate and phosphate in check? My fuge doesn’t appear big enough to do the trick, and high capacity gfo is expensive. I haven’t tried carbon dosing because it scares me a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With chaeto - it’s not really how much you have that matters but how fast it grows. With a good light it can grow really fast. Had issues keeping detectable nitrates and phosphate for a while because of chaeto

What’s the ratio of chaeto to tank volume?

On 1/11/2019 at 7:58 PM, Bicyclebill said:

Anyone running one of these? If not, how are you keeping nitrate and phosphate in check? My fuge doesn’t appear big enough to do the trick, and high capacity gfo is expensive. I haven’t tried carbon dosing because it scares me a little bit.

I'm in your boat right now too.  Been running GFO but the $$$ adds up fast!  I'm debating running an ATS v.  dosing Lanthanum Chloride...

What size is your fuge? I'm going to initially try just hanging a simple grow bulb over my sump and float a mesh screen.  It will only grow algae on one side, but its simple. :)