Manny’s 150g Waterbox

Manny Tavan

[emoji54] now this is what I'm talking about! Beautiful peice! Where did you find it? I'm an LPS fan and have been keeping an eye out for nice big LPS peices like this. And a year already, wow that flew by. Your tank looks amazing, I really like your aquascape and your fish choices.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

control box controls effluent rate and C02 into the reactor. C02 is regulated on and off by a float switch (no ph or bubble counter)

Wow, that’s pretty cool. You can integrate it with the trident somehow as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Cobalt said:

I was surprised to hear you ran into some troubles back in October, so this is great to hear. My 50g has been struggling ever since I had an algae bloom and with an upcoming move across town I am debating to reboot or not. Your tank and setup is an inspiration.

I would reboot. I would love to find an excuse to reboot just for the fun of it 

7 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

What are your thoughts on the Aquarium Engineering carx?

Mixed thoughts

- the owner is hard to deal with. If you order from him. Don’t expect to receive it for a year or two unless you do what I did. I filed a dispute with PayPal and got mine in 3 month. 

- the recirculating feature is nice but noisy. Kinda sick of your sump is under the tank in a living space

-my ph kinda sucks 7.7-7.9

- it’s not totally hands free. My system needs to be purged frequently to get air out which someone enters the reactor and decreases the effluent potency

other than that it works well and it grows corals  

Tank looks amazing!

Surprised the AE guy is such a pain, it’s definitely a premium price for his stuff, you’d think customer service would be a higher priority.

You tried a CO2 scrubber for your pH yet? Heard mixed things but mostly good about them, debating adding one myself.

8 hours ago, Manny Tavan said:

Mixed thoughts

- the owner is hard to deal with. If you order from him. Don’t expect to receive it for a year or two unless you do what I did. I filed a dispute with PayPal and got mine in 3 month. 

- the recirculating feature is nice but noisy. Kinda sick of your sump is under the tank in a living space

-my ph kinda sucks 7.7-7.9

- it’s not totally hands free. My system needs to be purged frequently to get air out which someone enters the reactor and decreases the effluent potency

other than that it works well and it grows corals  

Dang that sounds like a few too many issues than you should be running into with a piece of equipment that is so expensive. Sucks about Bill... He always seemed like a chill dude from his videos, albeit a bit mad-scientisty. 

2 hours ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Tank looks amazing!

Surprised the AE guy is such a pain, it’s definitely a premium price for his stuff, you’d think customer service would be a higher priority.

You tried a CO2 scrubber for your pH yet? Heard mixed things but mostly good about them, debating adding one myself.

I had a recirculating co2 scrubber for a month. Went from a ph of 7.7-7.9 to 7.9-8.0 but last night it filled up with water when the skimmer overflowed so I took it town. I don’t want to risk that happening again and crashing my tank. 

1 hour ago, Higher Thinking said:

Dang that sounds like a few too many issues than you should be running into with a piece of equipment that is so expensive. Sucks about Bill... He always seemed like a chill dude from his videos, albeit a bit mad-scientisty. 

Yes Bill is a smart guy but could learn some people skills to make his business more successful. Or hire a sales/support person

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manny Tavan said:

I had a recirculating co2 scrubber for a month. Went from a ph of 7.7-7.9 to 7.9-8.0 but last night it filled up with water when the skimmer overflowed so I took it town. I don’t want to risk that happening again and crashing my tank. 

Yes, this is one hesitation I’ve had as well. One idea I had was to make the equivalent of an oil catch can in between the recirc and the media. That could be used to house a fail safe switch of some sort.

I suppose as long as you aren’t seeing any significant benefit from the higher vs lower pH probably not worth chasing.

• 2 weeks later...