Manny’s 150g Waterbox

Manny Tavan

Smurf evening kingdom.

On an off topic...at first I was thinking the clean nice white carpet was a bad idea...but white will hide all the salt stains! Ha! Good thinking. Just make all the fraggers take their shoes off at the door lol.

• Haha 2

Bad weekend for the reef. Went to Seattle for the weekend (left Saturday morning and came back Sunday evening)

- Missing fire shrimp. I suspect my blue throat trigger got hungry and ate him. Not sure if it killed him in the first place

- All three yellow tangs and naso tang have black ich so i dosed prazipro and I am making 40g RODI water right now to do a water change in a couple of days

- Achilles tang that had one swollen eye now has two swollen eyes

- Birdsnest coral is STN'ing at the base

Edited by Manny Tavan
  • Sad 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Quick update on my reef

came back from a 3 week vacation end of August and the reef was struggling. Tons of green hair algae everywhere. Despite multiple water changes and addition of large clean crew from reef cleaners I resorted to fluconazole. All the algae died overnight. Then it was Cyanobacteria that I was dealing with. Chemiclean took care of that but in the end I lost a lot of corals. Probably half of my corals especially sps died. Today the reef is finally looking good and the corals seem happy. 

As far as livestock goes, I lost all my shrimps, the blue throat trigger jumped out, the copperband butterfly died. Right now I am thinking about adding fish but I’m not sure which ones

4DC7D9EE-C720-4AA3-934A-54D446E0C480.jpeg

A6460B12-BA16-45F6-B226-B497A6754A51.jpeg

9368EB1B-BED8-4772-988B-8B162B96406F.jpeg

796BE4AA-3548-4DFE-A056-9BD5BEE4E1BC.jpeg