Manny’s 150g Waterbox

Manny Tavan

1 hour ago, Cobalt said:

Why did you go from CaRx to 2-part? I'm considering going the opposite way.

Edit:: Specifically, because I have an Apex now, I can monitor pH and therefore the cost of a Ca Rx setup has been lowered.

My automated calcium reactor was a breeze. I love it and it performs very well but because my reef is in a living area with no fish room I wanted to make it quieter. 2 part is silent and I now appreciate my reef more

Edited by Manny Tavan

2 hours ago, Manny Tavan said:

My automated calcium reactor was a breeze. I love it and it performs very well but because my reef is in a living area with no fish room I wanted to make it quieter. 2 part is silent and I now appreciate my reef more

Ah. If you want to sell your CaRx setup I could be interested. My new setup is a reefer 525 xl in my living room with a a fish room / frag tank in the garage. Still working on the frag tank plumbing. Will be posting up build thread soon.

So the photon v2 is definitely too short for a 60” tank. I get a lot of shadows on both ends. The spectrum is not at pleasing as the orphek. But it seems to have a lot of punch for a $700 fixture. I ordered a second one so have both on the tank while I get my orphek fixed

i would say overall the orphek is a much better light 

C36F4AD0-1044-4C16-910E-FCF644E48017.jpeg