Calcium reactor feed pump

Bicyclebill

I broke down and bought the kamoer FX-STP peristaltic pump to feed my calcium reactor. I spent way too many hours watching the brs guys live feeds during Black Friday, and this sounds to be a solid product. Got it set up and kept my Dwyer flow meter on there just make it simple to check. I’ll make sure to put feedback up if I run into any troubles!0245fd14d28df4920eac2663dc86b70a.jpgeda959a520cc7a98d87d44cb64ab838f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SWEET!  I shoulda done this, messing around way to much with the DIY option :)

Love the quick tubing change design and the spring loaded tension.

What tubing did you go with? I heard tygon LFL has the longer life.  The only downside of these things, and there are few, is when that tubing eventually wears out.

Super cool, congrats!

SWEET!  I shoulda done this, messing around way to much with the DIY option [emoji4]
Love the quick tubing change design and the spring loaded tension.
What tubing did you go with? I heard tygon LFL has the longer life.  The only downside of these things, and there are few, is when that tubing eventually wears out.
Super cool, congrats!

I haven’t figured out what to do about replacement tubing yet. Have some homework left to do

11 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

I haven’t figured out what to do about replacement tubing yet. Have some homework left to do

I am sure with Kamoer you have a ton of good options!  I see that they recommend Pharmed, probably a safe bet.

42 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

Yes, but what size? I’ve seen some folks put together a group buy on r2r, but I’m a day late and a dollar short

Hmmm.... Grab your calipers and see what they shipped?  I will do some looking too...

• 2 years later...

Yep, been running whole time. I’ve replaced tubing a couple times, but not out of any reason other than thinking it’s a good idea. I bought second roller assembly and swap those because it gets noisy. Soak in Wd40 then in ATF for a couple days, and quiet as new!

Edited by Bicyclebill

3 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

Yep, been running whole time. I’ve replaced tubing a couple times, but not out of any reason other than thinking it’s a good idea. I bought second roller assembly and swap those because it gets noisy. Soak in Wd40 then in ATF for a couple days, and quiet as new!

Awesome!  Gonna get some spare parts, much appreciated.  What is ATF?  Automatic transmission fluid? 

She is running, dead consistent flow compared to the feed pump.  Super happy to have one less thing to deal with.

Thanks Bill!

Oh hey @Bicyclebill, one last question for ya. 

Do you run pretty much full speed also?

I am running the kamoer at about full flow (140 mls/min) to get enough flow to register on my flow meter.  This shows on the APEX FMM as about 3.5L per hour (one of the measurements is wrong, probably APEX). 

Any less than this is too little for the FMM to register unfortunately.

The FMM is used to alert if for some reason nothing is flowing through the reactor. For example, if the pump died, clogged, peristaltic tubing broke etc.

27 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Oh hey @Bicyclebill, one last question for ya. 

Do you run pretty much full speed also?

I am running the kamoer at about full flow (140 mls/min) to get enough flow to register on my flow meter.  This shows on the APEX FMM as about 3.5L per hour (one of the measurements is wrong, probably APEX). 

Any less than this is too little for the FMM to register unfortunately.

The FMM is used to alert if for some reason nothing is flowing through the reactor. For example, if the pump died, clogged, peristaltic tubing broke etc.

What pH set point are you running at Jeremy?  I know you have a large volume but curious if it's more neutral than "normal" with that flow rate.

34 minutes ago, albertareef said:

What pH set point are you running at Jeremy?  I know you have a large volume but curious if it's more neutral than "normal" with that flow rate.

Hey Sean, 6.72

If Alk goes too high, APEX turns off the solenoid for 6 hours until the next test.

• Like 1

I’m running at 6.8 ph and 65 ml/min I believe. Was keeping up on my new 150g until all my sps crashed over the last couple of months. If I get to the point that I need more flow in the future, I’ve got a cole parmer I’m the closet I bought from Kilmca a little while back that I’ll eventually set up. 

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 7:59 AM, Bicyclebill said:

I’m running at 6.8 ph and 65 ml/min I believe. Was keeping up on my new 150g until all my sps crashed over the last couple of months. If I get to the point that I need more flow in the future, I’ve got a cole parmer I’m the closet I bought from Kilmca a little while back that I’ll eventually set up. 

Got her running for a few days now, no more flow alarms like I was getting with the feed pump! 

Was able to get it down to 114 ml/min and register on the APEX flow meter.  Good enough!  

• Like 1