New from Salem, OR

Globalfisher

Hello everyone! Just found out about the forum from our lfs here in town. I’m somewhat new to the saltwater scene,  but no stranger to the aquarium hobby. I have a 24 gallon aquatop all in one and working on a reef tank. I picked up some mystery corals today and was hoping to get an ID on them? From what I can find, I have possibly two candy canes, some plate coral, and maybe a couple acans? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to chatting with everyone.

67076BD9-AC75-45C4-9551-7576617427E6.jpeg

6CF92790-C2C1-4E65-950D-C02C9EDACEE2.jpeg

596627E6-8647-4420-8FC9-A830DF33944A.jpeg

72CD2B4B-E81D-46B7-86E7-B8A04F8052D1.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome! I just heard about this forum from TPA as well, newer to the saltwater scene but have had freshwater tanks. We have a 46g bow tank. We grabbed a 20 and 10 mystery bag, trying to figure out mine as well. Not sure what your corals are, they are beautiful though! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum ! I knew the minute you said someone referred you to this place it was TPA. Garrett and his crew are fun to visit and he has the nicest shop in Salem. I don’t know if there are other shops there anymore. I remember years ago there was one that was a gun store and a coral store lol. I thought I had the wrong address at first. 

You are correct that you got a candy cane or trumpet coral and an acan. I can’t really make out the plate coral from the picture to give you a better id  sorry. 

Glad you found us.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum ! I knew the minute you said someone referred you to this place it was TPA. Garrett and his crew are fun to visit and he has the nicest shop in Salem. I don’t know if there are other shops there anymore. I remember years ago there was one that was a gun store and a coral store lol. I thought I had the wrong address at first. 

You are correct that you got a candy cane or trumpet coral and an acan. I can’t really make out the plate coral from the picture to give you a better id  sorry. 
Glad you found us.

Ha ha, yeah. It was that Black Friday sale sheet they were handing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

A belated welcome to you!  Glad Garrett sent you this way as it is a very informative and helpful community.  Good luck with your new foray into reef keeping - it's a hard habit to break once you've started!  Looks like you scored a few nice pieces to get you going... hope they do well for you.

• Like 1

A belated welcome to you!  Glad Garrett sent you this way as it is a very informative and helpful community.  Good luck with your new foray into reef keeping - it's a hard habit to break once you've started!  Looks like you scored a few nice pieces to get you going... hope they do well for you.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk