Any DIY reef lighting builders on here?

NateDawg

So I'm planning on using a bluefish mini WiFi controller with the mean well ldd-h drivers for my 180 build. The highest amperage driver they have is a 1500mA one. And I'd need more like 4500mA for the Royal blue channel alone. So my main question is, can you run more than one ldd-h driver off of one pwm channel signal so I can get a total of 4500mA, the outputs of the drivers won't be connected in anyway. I tried to draw a basic of what I want to do.

Screenshot_20181115-032749.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Reef Chard
      I'll give you a deal if you buy multiple items. Shoot me a PM. Located in SE Portland
      Giesemann Aurora Hybrid LED/T5 Light - $600 OBO Korallin S-1502 Bio-Denitrator -$200 Avast Skimmate Locker - $80 Neptune COR-20 (2000GPH, USB included) - sold Milwaukee pH controller - sold BRS 4-stage 150 GPD RO/DI filter (with pressure gauge and TDS meter) No media - sold Tunze Osmolator ATO - $40 this is missing a float sensor and needs some new tubing 2 x JBJ ATO (no pump) - $30 each Red Sea Magnesium (new) -$5 IM Gourmet Defroster (new) -$5 Triton ICP Professional Seawater Analysis - $30 Red Sea Foundation Pro Multi Test Kit - $10 Red Sea Trace Colors Pro Multi Test Kit - $10 Red Sea Marine Care Multi Test Kit - $10 Red Sea Nitrate Pro Test Kit (new) -$25 Hanna Nitrate Colorimeter (like new, used 1 time) - sold Hanna Phosphate Colorimeter (1 reagent) - sold Hanna Alkalinity Colorimeter (no reagent) - sold 2 x Handheld Refractometer - sold E-Marco Aquascaping Cement (new) - $15 Ecoplus 1/4 HP chiller - $70 Neptune Apex Auto Top Off Kit - $190 Zen Reef Small Mushroom Box (non-magnetic) - $10  
      Giesemann Aurora Hybrid LED/T5 Light - $600 OBO
      Sold as-is: 1 of 2 the T5 channels is out but the light is still plenty bright. I've replaced both ballasts but that did not fix the issue. I suspect it's a wiring issue
      1 T5 channel out indicated by arrows

Light on:

Korallin S-1502 Bio-Denitrator -$200
      Used for nitrate reduction but you can put any media into it (like convert it to a calcium reactor or use carbon/GFO)
      Avast Skimmate Locker - $80

Tunze Osmolator ATO missing float sensor and needs new tubing - $40

2 x JBJ ATO (no pump) - $30 each

Red Sea Magnesium (new) -$5

IM Gourmet Defroster (new) -$5

2 x Triton ICP Professional Seawater Analysis - $30 each (1 left)

Red Sea Foundation Pro Multi Test Kit - $10

Red Sea Trace Colors Pro Multi Test Kit - $10

Red Sea Marine Care Multi Test Kit - $10

Red Sea Nitrate Pro Test Kit (new) -$25

E-Marco Aquascaping Cement (new) - $10

• By Cgrand56
      Hello everyone,
      Here is v2.0 of my corals sale. As the subject line reads, I am getting out of the hobby and all my live stock is for sale. Thanks to all of you who already bought some of the corals. I am glad they are going to good homes. 
      I am uploading a new PDF which contains all the photos and prices for what is still available. Hopefully you will see some that you like. 
      Some of you have asked about the fish, they are now available for sale as the rock structure is being disassembled making it easier when trying to fish them out, so I don't cause too much stress on them. The prices for the fish are on the last few slides of the PDF document. 
      Let me know of any questions you may have. 
      Cheers!
      Corals for Sale v.2.0.pdf
    • By Thebeardedreefer
      Hello,

Saltwater set up

I am selling my whole tank set up and getting out of the Hobby. This is a 20 gallon tank from innovative Marine, a 20 gallon AIO fusion tank. This tank holds water and the seals are good.  Selling all of this for $300.00 as a set up OR best offer within reason. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Things that come with this tank. 

20 Gallon Nano Innovative Marine Fusion tank

Calcium reactor 

Vortex MP10 With controller

Mighty Jet 538 GHP with Controller

Paradise Coral 25 dollar Gift Certificate comes with the setup

Salinity tester and TDS meter 

Please respond back looking to let go ASAP all is ready to leave my house.

• By Scotia
      Hi folks!  My life has hit some serious potholes and the net result is that I'm moving out of my house -- and I can't take my ~500g dream system with me.  This is one of those times where my loss can hopefully be something positive for you.  The system and everything related is for sale, bulk discounts for large purchases are available.  No copper has ever been used on or in any of the equipment.
      Note: For the livestock's well-being, all livestock must be out of the tank before the equipment can be taken.  (Obviously. )  I'll update this post once equipment is ready to move.
      Livestock:
      2 x Yellow Tangs ($50 each)
      1 x Tomini Tang ($50)
      1 x Blue Eyed Kole Tang ($60)
      1 x Pearly (Yellowhead) Jawfish ($20)
      1 x Lemonpeel Dwarf Angelfish ($50)
      1 x Red Cardinalfish ($35)
      2 x Percula Clownfish, dark morphs ($20 each)
      2 x Yellow Coris (Wrasse) ($30 each)
      ~5 x Short-spine Urchins ($10 each – note: not acrylic safe)
      1 x Redfin (Dwarf Rooster) Waspfish named "Picante" (looking for long-term foster home*)
      1 x Dwarf Yellow Eel named "Elle" (looking for long-term foster home*)
      1 x Yellow Tilefish named "Banana" (quite tame, looking for long-term foster home*)

2 x Red Bubbletip Anemone ($50 each)
      1 x Green Bubbletip Anemone ($50)
      1 x Yellow Leather Coral ($50)
      2 x Toadstool Leather Corals ($80 for large, $50 for small)
      7 x Orange Ricordia Yuma ($25-50 each depending on size)
      Many x Turquoise Mushroom Coral ($10 each)
      Many Bunches x Purple Gorgonians ($30 each)
      Purple Montipora Colonies ($20-100 each depending on size)
      Chaetomorpha Bunch, big and has bristleworms! ($20)

100#+ Live Rock, Florida Aquacultured ($2.50/pound without corals attached)
      Substrate, various grades from sugar fine to mixed puka (free with purchase, available only after some live rock sells)
      *What do I mean by long-term foster home?  In short, I give you the fish for free, and if I get back into the hobby enough to take them back one day, I'm allowed to do so.  Pics of them now and then would be nice too – they’re my babies!
      Tanks & Accessories
      Note about tanks: All tanks were custom-made from specialty builders with cell-cast acrylic of appropriate thickness.  None of the tanks has ever had a leak.  All tanks have plumbing holes and normal wear-and-tear; the display tanks could use an interior sanding to remove clouding scratches from the urchins’ munching.  They are priced at 50% of what I paid (without considering shipping).  These tanks are heavy; when picking up, please bring help as I cannot assist.
      Primary Display (~200G), $1000: 80” x 25 ¼” x 24 ½” (includes overflow; ¾” acrylic)
      Secondary Display (~70G), $400: 23 ¾” x 25 ½” x 27 ½” (plus an 18 ½” x 6” x 27 ½” attached overflow centered against the back – i.e., the footprint of this aquarium is not square; ¾” acrylic body, ½” acrylic top/bottom)
      Utility Tank (~25G), $240: 19” x 15 ¾” x 20” (includes overflow)
      Utility Tank (~28G), $230: 21” x 15 ¾” x 20” (no overflow)
      Utility Tank (~40G), $280: 18” x 26” x 20” (no overflow)
      Utility Tank (~38G), $225: 32” x 22.5” x 12” (no overflow)
      Utility Tank (~90G), $400: 40” x 26” x 20” (has baffles)

Arctica Chiller (DBM-250): $500
      2 x Arctica Chiller (DBE-200): $400
      Calcium Reactor (huge, brand unknown, a fixer-upper): Free with purchase
      2 x Stenner Peristaltic Pumps (for water exchange system): $200 each
      Ozotech Poseidon Ozone Generator: $120
      BRS Air Dryer: $75
      2 x Aqua UV Sterilizers: $200 each
      3 x Diamond Amp Master 6250-4 Pumps: $400 each
      Reef Octopus 200EXT Protein Skimmer: $500
      3 x Radion XR-30w G4 Pro: $500 each
      Controller System
      Note: The system is currently in a fault state as of about 2 weeks ago.  I cannot pull everything out to diagnose.  If you buy a module and it’s faulty, return it to me and I’ll refund your money.
      Apex AquaController: $100
      EB8 (with a few dead/stuck outlets): $50
      EB8 (working fine): $100
      PM1: $40
      ALD w/ 3 Sensors: $80
      Probes (older, were working fine but I suggest checking calibration): Free with purchase
      Let me know if you have any questions!  I might be able to deliver livestock in Greater Seattle area, but not big stuff like live rock, sand, or tanks. 

• By Collin
      hello all,
      I am looking at lighting options for my new set up and stumbled upon the Reed Breeder lights. BRS and Reef News Network seem to like them but I was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with them. Also if any of you have other suggestions of a light that is relatively inexpensive, delivers good par and coverage, send them my way! btw the tank dimensions are the same as a 40 gal breeder. 
      btw if anyone is selling their reef breeder lights specifically the photon 32 V2 let me know