Tierra De Fuego

Salted_Waffles

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2019 at 9:50 AM, youcallmenny said:

TdF is indestructible.  I put mine through so much, including getting chomped on by a parrotfish, only to have it bounce right back.  Definitely a specimen to be proud of!  I love the top layer of hot pink yours has put on. 

Yeah, seems pretty bulletproof. It and a couple other acros in my tank have been doing well recently so I just ordered a couple highends (RR Pink Cadillac and WWC Heart Breaker to name some) to try my hand at. 

When I first got my chunk of TDF I tried doing research but couldn’t find much, but one thing that kept coming up was that it was just another Red Planet acro. That you shouldn’t bother buying it and just pick up the cheaper RP.

I can say for sure it is not. Mine has hot pink coralites and teal blue growing tips instead of red. The body does get green like RP but it’s more of a lighter blue green.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 9:50 AM, youcallmenny said:

TdF is indestructible.  I put mine through so much, including getting chomped on by a parrotfish, only to have it bounce right back.  Definitely a specimen to be proud of!  I love the top layer of hot pink yours has put on. 

Try heavy metals... I guarantee you can kill it 😞  Normally though, yeah it seemed to be a trooper and did really well in the tank for a long time.  Definitely will look for another piece.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Try heavy metals... I guarantee you can kill it 😞  Normally though, yeah it seemed to be a trooper and did really well in the tank for a long time.  Definitely will look for another piece.

Well considering how mine is growing and the fact I have a nano I’ll probably do some trimming later in the year and I would be happy to share this piece with the collective. I feel like it’s my duty to kick back some frags considering this was a freebie given to me at my first meetup. 

Edited by Salted_Waffles
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Salted_Waffles said:

Well considering how mine is growing and the fact I have a nano I’ll probably do some trimming later in the year and I would be happy to share this piece with the collective. I feel like it’s my duty to kick back some frags considering this was a freebie given to me at my first meetup. 

Very kind offer - thanks Salted!  I had been bringing a lot of frags to meetings early last year to give to a lot of new members because the tank (125) was getting overgrown.  Let me tell you, a heavy metal contamination can stop that real quick.  We actually tried to save the Del Fuego colony by taking over to PDXmonkeyboy's place (it was actually his) but it was too late and didn't survive a pretty aggressive dip/treatment (as we didn't know what the problem was at the time).  To be fair, the Del Fuego was one of the last acros to go downhill - which supports the notion of it being generally hardy in tanks.  Very nice coral in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...