Water tests today

The ReefBox

So here are my tests. How would you raise CA And MG

salinity. 1.025

alk. 8.0

calc. 380

mag. 1150

about 30-40 small sps frags a few shrooms zoas Monty’s and  one torch

Turn doser up to get to my desired levels? Slowly or manually dose and keep doser settings the same?  Currently dosing ESV CALC AND ALK equally at 10 ml per day and mg at 1 ml per day. Using Kent salt 

150 total volume

You might need to get the magnesium up first in order to get the calcium to stay up. I think a one time shot for magnesium should be fine and then slowly raise the calcium. I remember BRS dosing videos talking about magnesium dosing being periodic and larger isn't an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why would you do a 1 time dose? Theoretically wouldn't you just be in the same predicament down the road and be doing the same dose again? If That's the case why bother with a doser to begin with, if your willing to test and do that manually might as well go that route. I would adjust your doser settings  adding 2 - 3 mL (daily) watch for a week or whatever length between water changes, test and make whatever adjustments then till you get it dialed in. Though Reefs change over time coral consumption increases and even decreases making it all that more important to test frequently and adjust as needed. I have never seen a successful reef running on dosers that didn't have to be adjusted occasionally.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exodus said:

why would you do a 1 time dose? Theoretically wouldn't you just be in the same predicament down the road and be doing the same dose again? If That's the case why bother with a doser to begin with, if your willing to test and do that manually might as well go that route. I would adjust your doser settings  adding 2 - 3 mL (daily) watch for a week or whatever length between water changes, test and make whatever adjustments then till you get it dialed in. Though Reefs change over time coral consumption increases and even decreases making it all that more important to test frequently and adjust as needed. I have never seen a successful reef running on dosers that didn't have to be adjusted occasionally.

It’s calling for 2400 ml of mg to raise 200 points. In thinking of dividing this into 4 dosing sand then maintain after that. Let’s remember this is a new tank so not much going on with dosing. From my last tank Kent mixed up very high in mag and assumed it would still be the same. Doser has just been turned on and 1ml was just the set point. After testing I know it needs to be adjusted  was looking for input was all 

Just now, River City Corals said:

It’s calling for 2400 ml of mg to raise 200 points. In thinking of dividing this into 4 dosing sand then maintain after that. Let’s remember this is a new tank so not much going on with dosing. From my last tank Kent mixed up very high in mag and assumed it would still be the same. Doser has just been turned on and 1ml was just the set point. After testing I know it needs to be adjusted  was looking for input was all 

And I test everyday just not MG. 😂

16 minutes ago, River City Corals said:

Sorry I didn't realize this was a new tank setup, With 2 Part Solutions Magnesium can be added at once. As for Calcium being consistent with Ocean Levels I would just leave the raising up to the Dosing.

1 hour ago, Exodus said:

Sorry I didn't realize this was a new tank setup, With 2 Part Solutions Magnesium can be added at once. As for Calcium being consistent with Ocean Levels I would just leave the raising up to the Dosing.

Yeah I’ll prob just do it in a couple sessions I don’t see any suffering of corals so rather be safe