November SPS grow out

yeah we will start a seperate thread for pictures and measurements

i was thinking if putting a card behind mine and just measuring the outline. or measure each branch from the base.

so you will have a ray of measurements originating from the center but they would all be on one plane... does that make sense?

we will figure it out. its not like everyones sps is going to explode and we will need a micrometer to determine a winner.

1/3 will die, 1/3 will live and not grow and a 1/3 will likely take off. if all else fails we can just vote on the top 3.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Bottom photo - first tip from the lower left perhaps?  Curious if that is what Brian was referencing. 

I had just dipped the coral, and when I took the photos there was a bit of mucus on the frag.  The photo was a 4 second exposure, so it could just be mucus moving in the current causing a blur in the photo.

I'll take a couple more macro photos later tonight after the mucus dissipates.  I can even focus the macro a little closer to get more detail.

IT WAS ONLY A JOKE!!

ok, admittedly not really funny but for the record, in the approximately 30? frags i have gotten from cuttlefish i have never seen adult flatworms nor flatworm eggs on ANY of them.

and i check every frag with a scope after i learned the hard way after getting a "great deal" on a bunch of sps from someone that a lot of people know who i am talking about and is no longer in business.

the frags look awesome, are healthy and I for one are super stoked!

17 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

IT WAS ONLY A JOKE!!

ok, admittedly not really funny but for the record, in the approximately 30? frags i have gotten from cuttlefish i have never seen adult flatworms nor flatworm eggs on ANY of them.

and i check every frag with a scope after i learned the hard way after getting a "great deal" on a bunch of sps from someone that a lot of people know who i am talking about and is no longer in business.

the frags look awesome, are healthy and I for one are super stoked!

You need to learn when to use the 😂 emoji.

As much as I’d love to participate in this growout I think I’ll have to be skipping this one unfortunately. 
Good luck everyone! 
life does get in the way at times but at any rate, this is a good way to get an awesome deal on a sweet frag. $30 for a mini colony. ... that is unheard of really

FINAL V2 -- Confirmed Payment List as of 11/5 @ 8am 11/6 @ 9:30am. At this point I'm going to assume anyone who has not paid is no longer interested.

1. pdxmonkeyboy
  2. jeremevans
  3. SuncrestReef
  4. jtarmitage
  5. xmas_one
  6. NateDawg
  7. Jfruity24
  8. River City Corals
  9. CrabbyCrabs x 2
  10. sroberts
  11. Krux
  12. Gumby