Sps grow out contest?

I will do it just like I do my kids. I will put the frag against the wall with a book on top of it make a mark on the wall. Then at the end of the competition I will make other mark on the wall and take a picture of the difference.
this seems like the best idea yet.

how about this.. I'm going to go to cuttle fish tomorrow and talk to El Jeffe. I will take a picture of a couple colonies, we vote, we buy, jeff will chop it up and we will get this thing going!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

this seems like the best idea yet.

how about this.. I'm going to go to cuttle fish tomorrow and talk to El Jeffe. I will take a picture of a couple colonies, we vote, we buy, jeff will chop it up and we will get this thing going!!!

I was there the other day, gonna be a tough choice cuz he has some nice stuff!. 

There was 2 wild ones I think will show up in this vote 😍

we should definately have a last place prize. I have the perfect gift. it is a lab squeeze bottle with the 90 degree squirt tip. I use it to clean my test viles out.

I love mine, i gave one to @optimusprime on Friday. they are pretty slick and they cost me like $2.

so even the losers will be winners :).

stay tuned people and if your interested then vote and get your funds ready.

• Like 1

spoke to El Jeffe today. He and Brad have a couple ideas about good colonies for a grow out contest that are in there secret stash.

We need to get a head count of who is going to participate and also how much do people want to put in. The higher the price the greater the prizes.
I am thinking $30 or $40 per person.

prize wise... that frag kit I won in the zoa thing was pretty dope. But I would be just as happy with food, gfo, carbon, any of the stuff that most of use.

ANYWHO.. jeff is going to post a couple pics and here is a nice colony... I'm not going to vote for this one as I just bought a frag of it :)
ca8351b73b9f6907fe17f78b758bb424.jpg

• Like 1

probably start within a couple weeks hopefully. waiting to hear from Jeff. I need to get a better head count. maybe we assume 12 and cut it off at that?

At any rate, I am not a huge fan of herding cats.

I am open to suggestions on how long the contest should be. 6 months?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

probably start within a couple weeks hopefully. waiting to hear from Jeff. I need to get a better head count. maybe we assume 12 and cut it off at that?

At any rate, I am not a huge fan of herding cats.

I am open to suggestions on how long the contest should be. 6 months?

You could base the head count of people doing this by how many frags can be made with the mother colony maybe? How many participated in the zoa grow out contest? 6 months seems like a suitable time for acropora to both establish and do some growth.

• Like 1

I skimmed through this thread and compiled a list of who wants to participate.  It looks like at least 8 of us are in, but some others only expressed possible interest or were unclear:

• pdxmonkeyboy     - In
  • crabbycrabs          - In
  • jfruity24                 - In
  • suncrestreef         - In
  • natedawg              - In
  • gumby                   - In
  • sroberts                - In
  • jeremevans           - In
  • lewisriverfisherman - possibly interested
  • Mchums                     - possibly interested
  • albertareef            - unclear
  • manny tavan         - unclear