Clowns and Hosting

Flash21

Wife and I are picking up our new clowns this weekend.  Long story short.  She absolutely doesn’t want an Anemone.  

Thoughts on a bigger biggish coral for the clowns, hoping they will host in it? I’m sure they will host in just about anything but would like to find a big coral to give them the opportunity to chose. 

Thought and Opinions...

Elegance? 

• Like 1

I had one decide to take up residence in a large mushroom once (check my profile pic).  Wouldn't think that is a reliable choice though 😃  Euphyilia sounds like a good option and there are often some decent sized colonies for sale on here.  Seahorse also had a ton of them when I was in there last weekend.

Thanks all for the great Ideas.  We will wait a bit longer until we find that one coral that we have to have !!   Hoping the clowns will go host in it.  If not oh well.   I guess I want a Reason to buy a bigger coral as tomorrow I’m doing the tank transfer.  

I was wondering how long you would be able to hold out [emoji3]
I tried.. man I tried. But after like the 8th time.. I just couldn't help myself. NO.. your clown fish cant host an anemone. Nothing hosts an anenome... nope, wait, take that back. A pom pom grab DOES host anenomes.

There just isnt a good word for it because the guest is deciding if he wants to stay with a host.

maybe "shelter in" is the most apt description? But it's not really sheltering as it is a mutuslistic relationship.

How about... "will my clown feed his slime coat to..."

There HAS to be a word!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I tried.. man I tried. But after like the 8th time.. I just couldn't help myself. NO.. your clown fish cant host an anemone. Nothing hosts an anenome... nope, wait, take that back. A pom pom grab DOES host anenomes.

There just isnt a good word for it because the guest is deciding if he wants to stay with a host. 

maybe "shelter in" is the most apt description? But it's not really sheltering as it is a mutuslistic relationship.

How about... "will my clown feed his slime coat to..." 

There HAS to be a word!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

it's called squatting

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Flash21 said:

Clowns will host in anything.  

We did go check out Jeff’s this AM and he got  Nice shipment in today! We saw plenty of awesome corals! We will wait a week or two until I figure out what I wanna get.  

I'm sure you saw his AMAZING elegance corals.  They are huge, fat, and healthy.  Might be an option.

• Like 1