Good Thermal CPU fan controller for the summer.

Brian Tesch

As the weather is warming up, so is my tank! I ended up buying this "coolerguys" thermal CPU fan controller that will turn the fans on/off inside the stand/ cabinet depending on the temperature. Just wanted to do a quick shout out to anyone thinking about building some fans into you stand for ventilation and cooling, this little controller does a pretty good job!

20180522_190512.thumb.jpg.979d24d164d5b65b3de062339e198468.jpg20180522_190118.thumb.jpg.db7a8dcc16fb669a506126c09903864c.jpg

I will be adding more fans in the future, for now, I just installed 3 fans that will blow across the top of the tank/lighting and keep the hood area cool. At peak hour my T-5's are on and the LED's are running in the 75% range. Before installing the fans inside wooden cabinet door was getting into the 90-degree range. After installing only three fans (Which are rated at 60cfm each) nothing inside the hood (except for the lights itself) get above 78~. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

How much was the controller?  I just installed an inkbird temp controller yesterday. 

35 On Amazon / their website. There are cheaper CPU fan controllers made for computers, however, the first one I tried out didn't allow for temperatures below 100F.. but this one will go down to 32. 

2 minutes ago, goldenbasketreef said:

I used this brand a lot to cool down the heatsink, can be use for tank cooling also. Very quite, good bearing and comes in diff sizes at Fry's.

https://www.frys.com/product/6998337?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Good to know, thanks for the recommendation.