Salted_Waffle’s 26g C-Vue

Salted_Waffles
Message added by milesmiles902

I approved this post.

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Bummer - not an inexpensive specimen.  I love all the wrasses but they do like to jump and seem to have an innate ability to find the smallest of openings in any lid/canopy.

Yeah. So I’ve learned the hard way. There was maybe a 1/4” gap between my lid and the tank and I thought for sure it would be fine.

Just picked up some materials to mak e a bigger screen top. I don’t want this happening again to any fish. Poor thing. 

• 1 month later...

Today I got something new for the tank. I received my diffusers from 3DReefing.com for my AI Primes. Loving how much they help cut down on the static flashy shimmer and blend it into an even smooth shimmer. Plus they look really sleek.

053508D8-3E95-4479-8CD2-570D656B1206.jpeg

Here’s a quick video showing the difference they make. 

I got an order from Budmans corals recently. Everything came in happy and healthy, all showing signs of PE shortly after being put into the tank. 

My test acros  have been doing fine for almost a year now so I felt comfortable getting some nicer acros. 

My testers:

13112591-A89B-4787-B3EC-8A6F359D6BBD.jpeg

94ACA658-D385-44FF-84BF-17A8F9453BA2.jpeg

13660BD7-51DA-4A87-A4E2-24AB16E67EDD.jpeg

And here’s what I got:

BD4F0B28-06BA-4478-8C2B-080601902D4B.jpeg

Left to Right we have:

Reef Raft Canada Pink Cadillac 

Tri Color Granulosa 

WWC Heart Breaker

Bluetip Stag

Reef Raft USA Frutopia

Cherry Corals Voodoo Magic

Haven’t snapped any good picks quite yet but hopefully I can soon. Just recently glued everything down and. Can’t wait to seem them all grow out and color up. 

Edited by Salted_Waffles
Formatting
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Tank is doing well. Had to set up me Evo and move some things to it to make room. I want to turn this C-Vue into a sps dom tank. Also need to do something about my bta’s. My one large one split into three and two of those look like they’ll be splitting again soon.

Order a cheap breeding box and plan on trying to coax the nems off the rock and isolate them in the box. Will sell them off or trade for other corals.

As always tank threads are better with pictures so here the tank is as of today.

2F487775-79F7-4826-857C-E0FF52058F41.jpeg

9C08AC57-B9C9-4A33-9BF2-8A37B0EA3DD1.jpeg

1A485988-1C04-4189-9C4F-52F0F816F2D0.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deuce00 said:

I’m interested in a BTA a smaller one. 

The smallest one I have is like 3-4” oral disc. When I get my nem box, should be soon, I’ll try and take them off the rock and then have better pics of them and their size.

I’ll keep you in mind when I list them. 

• Like 1