New ReeFi aquarium controllers coming in April

danlu_gt

On 3/12/2018 at 7:02 PM, Paratore said:

I’ll ask the question everyone wants to know lol. How much will it run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be very competitive.  I'm still sourcing parts.  Tax time is taking up most of my time... frantically searching for my receipts for all my business expanses.  Maybe if I get audited, I'll just hand over a bucket of receipts and have them sort it out.  haha

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a quick sneak preview of the ReeFi Temperature AI module.

Features:

• 4 power relays (can assign any power relays switch to heater, fan, backup heater, backup fan).
  • Detects heater failure and auto disable it and activate backup heaters.
  • WIFI network to communicate with future ReeFi AI modules (rec other sensor data, send temp data.  Example, disable all heater if water level drop below xx amount).
  • Notification (WIP)
  • Web browser interface
  • User can upgrade firmware when new features are added.

Attach is a quick video where I'm cycling the temperature between 77F to 80F.  Bottom 4 squares indicate the power relay switches, solid squares when that relay is ON.  H indicate heater and C indicate fan.

Let me know if you have any features you would like to suggest.

0f47e3d5-846f-4315-86bf-c5535638333d.mp4

• Like 2

5 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

Here's a quick sneak preview of the ReeFi Temperature AI module.

Features:

• 4 power relays (can assign any power relays switch to heater, fan, backup heater, backup fan).
  • Detects heater failure and auto disable it and activate backup heaters.
  • WIFI network to communicate with future ReeFi AI modules (rec other sensor data, send temp data.  Example, disable all heater if water level drop below xx amount).
  • Notification (WIP)
  • Web browser interface
  • User can upgrade firmware when new features are added.

Attach is a quick video where I'm cycling the temperature between 77F to 80F.  Bottom 4 squares indicate the power relay switches, solid squares when that relay is ON.  H indicate heater and C indicate fan.

Let me know if you have any features you would like to suggest.

0f47e3d5-846f-4315-86bf-c5535638333d.mp4

Cool!  So this unit would presumably take a temp probe input directly but use WiFi communication with other modules to incorporate control off of other variables (e.g. water level)?  Definitely like the auto disable with heater failure (using a ground leak detect?).  Really looking forward to see where this goes.

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Cool!  So this unit would presumably take a temp probe input directly but use WiFi communication with other modules to incorporate control off of other variables (e.g. water level)?  Definitely like the auto disable with heater failure (using a ground leak detect?).  Really looking forward to see where this goes.

That's exactly correct.

I need to update the PCB slightly but now thinking of adding hall-effect current sensor instead of temp along to determine heater failure.

5 minutes ago, danlu_gt said:

That's exactly correct.

I need to update the PCB slightly but now thinking of adding hall-effect current sensor instead of temp along to determine heater failure.

This would be sweet. Would be nice to have a failure trigger separate from temp.