Hi All, 

I'm looking to sell my whole system and everything that comes with it. I'm listing it with a super low ball price in hopes that someone will come and snatch it up hassle free.

The only thing I am willing to part out at this moment is my Marine Beta. He's a special guy and I would like to find him a good home. I've had him for a minimum of three years. He eats out of your hand and is often out during the day, even though they are nocturnal. He's a very social fish, which is abnormal for them, and often comes to the glass when someone approaches the tank. He's extremely beautiful and likely 4-5" long. The blue and yellow coloring is very vibrant. He has cohabitated with shrimp and crabs before. Although, I think he eventually ate them. It's hard to tell. I'm asking $80 for him. 

What comes with the system.

Tank: 93 gaL starfire cube with overflow and no scratches. Dimensions are LxWxH=30x30x25 inches (not exactly a cube but close enough). The tank was made is 2013 and is in exceptional shape. The stand is 29.5 inches tall with two openings and a carbon fiber looking skin over the frame. Will come with all the featured coral and fish. Listed in full below. Circulation for the tank used an Ecotech mp 40 wQd with wireless quietdrive driver purchased 2/25/2015. I clean the propeller once a month in vinegar. System is very well cared for.  

Sump/Refugium+ Skimmer: underneath there is an Eshopps R-200 sump. This sump is exceptionally quiet. You can barely hear water flowing through it. There is are fittings built in for an automatic top off. Here is a link to the sumps specifications: http://www.eshopps.com/products/filters/refugium/r200/
Ones of the compartments houses the Reef Octopus Classic 152-s purchased 11/1/2015 from marine depot.   https://www.marinedepot.com/Reef_Octopus_Classic_152_S_Protein_Skimmer_In_Sump_Protein_Skimmers_for_Aquariums_Reefs-Reef_Octopus-CV25195-FIPSIS-vi.html
Comes with titanium Finex 300W heater with guard and Finex temperature controller purchased august 2016 (comes with a backup brand new finext titanium heater)

Lighting: Radion Gen2 it's a xr30w with wide angle lenses (I may still have the box that this came in). I still have the regular lenses that came with it. Comes with one power supply to operate it and comes with an extra power supply. Serviced and repaired by Ecotech after a failure, hence having two. The lead time was too long for the repair so I purchased another PS. Comes with a custom hanging rod that has been bent and attaches to the backside of the tank frame. Pretty classy. 

Fish+Critters: 
Sand sifting starfish (probably two in there. It's hard to tell)
Conch
Mating black & orange oscellaris
Bonded blue spotted watchman goby and pistol shrimp
Pacific Blue Tang (has some facial scarring) 3-4" 
Large Marine Beta 4-5" (optional, read description above)

Coral+Things: 
3 large bubble tip anemones. The two larger ones are around 10" in diameter during the day. The smaller of the 3 is 6-7". 
Deep acro colony, split up after the coral fell off the rock
2 frogspawn colonies. One the size of a pommelo 6" diameter the other is a cluster
2 large detached heads of frogspawn
Another smaller colony probably 3" diameter
Another small colony probably 1.5-2" diameter
Orange montipora colony
Purple and neone yellow green acro 
Deep purple something acro, struggling
Blastomussa colony pink & light blue
Large devils hand mushroom
Random small acro-pink color
Purple gorgonias in 3-4 locations
Multi colored-purple, light plue, and some pink when in full color favia coral 2.5" long probably 0.5-0.75 wide
Pink and baby blue favia 3" diametere. half of the colony is present. It was recently stung and is in recovery
large light blue green lobophyllia with minimum 5 heads
2 heads of colored lobophyllia--vibrant version of colored lobophyllia here https://secure.liveaquaria.com/product/437/brain-coral-lobophyllia?pcatid=437&c=597+321+437
there are mushroom corals all over the place. The rock work has hydrophorna on it and will require some cleanup if you want to eradicate it
struggling red and green man of war colony (I believe that's the name), almost dead

Extras:
-I believe I have all of the boxes for the more expensive equipment
Any remaining salt I have
4-5 filter socks
2 refractometers
wifi to hard connector used for a controller
Hammerhead magnetic cleaner
(probably) an extra pump
Chemical test kit
putty for attaching corals
phosban
charcoal
addictives
nitrate reducer
calcium 
finex 300w titanium heater 
backup pump for the system, it's brand new and in the box
seaside aquarics 8" aquarium viewer 
I have a whole chest of stuff and part of a cupboard of items that I will throw in

Edited by BeasileyBub
links

I can upload more photos upon request. Whoever purchases the whole shebang is responsible for transporting and will come with a treasure trove of other goodies that I haven't even thought of listing and that are laying around. 

If delivery is a must there will be a hefty fee that will require a transport deposit  and is subject to location. If this option is chosen the system must be paid for upfront and is non-refundable should the potential buyer decide to bail after the system is broken down. 

Edited by BeasileyBub
deleting links and adding an edited section
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Just an FYI - I am seeing the photo bucket links as disabled.  GLWS!

Lame, I don't have the 3rd party hosting feature for photobucket. Maybe I am not hip with the times. I'll attach them to this post and openly accept suggestions for how to better display photos. 

20180218_184129.jpg

20180218_184141.jpg

20180218_184158.jpg

IMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

As it seems there isn't much much interest in this system I think it's a good opportunity to hear from ya'll the best method to sell this system. Is $1200 too high or is it more that often folks don't have $1200 casually laying around (I know that's the case for myself)? Any tips you can collectively state? Tips where I essentially am not giving my items away (within reason). 

I haven't enjoyed the experience of selling things individually in the past. I've set prices in the past that are low and it seems that it's never low enough. Ebay is an option for some items. Maybe that's the best route for everything but the tank and livestock? 

I'm into getting this system out of my house. If I can organize with people on this forum to take certain items. For example, if someone buys the livestock and another person buys the tank I would be open to splitting everything apart.

Is anyone interested in the tank or the livestock? 

I think it’s just that most people don’t have the $1200 laying around haha. And some people like myself prefer to assemble my own system and choose my equipment. So that makes it difficult to sell a whole system. Otherwise I think your price is fine and you’ve had two great members state that [emoji4] it’s always more time consuming but a completely part out usually works best at getting everything gone lol. That way people can pick and choose what they want.

Like, I would be interested in the mp40 and the clown pair if you decide to part out completely [emoji4]

And if things don’t sell locally, Reef2reef is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Beasily what I have found is you often make more money in a part out than you do selling complete.  You are right in the fact it is more time consuming in general but I think you would get close to ur asking price if you go that route.....if not more.  As Cody stated most people prefer to “build” their own system and often times have other pieces set aside!! glws sale 

that said I would be interested in acros 

• Like 2

The last few people who have parted out systems here seem to be fairly successful in doing so! Things seemed to have went smoothly looking from the outside. Just takes a little bit of planning it all out and setting a date that things must be picked up by. Everyone I have had the pleasure of working with on here has been great to work with and most will help out another reefer if they need help! Good luck with the sale on the beautiful setup!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've actually been considering this since you posted. I've been looking for a complete setup for a few months. Unfortunately a cube just won't fit for my location.

When I got out of the hobby, I didn't want to part it out and ended up taking about $250 for my entire setup. I took a huge loss. I recommend parting it out. You'll get more and it'll go fast. Most who are already in this hobby are looking for lights, skimmer, etc.

If this wasn't a cube, I'd have bought it the day you posted it.

GLWTS!

On 2/20/2018 at 9:40 AM, Paratore said:

I think it’s just that most people don’t have the $1200 laying around haha. And some people like myself prefer to assemble my own system and choose my equipment. So that makes it difficult to sell a whole system. Otherwise I think your price is fine and you’ve had two great members state that emoji4.png it’s always more time consuming but a completely part out usually works best at getting everything gone lol. That way people can pick and choose what they want.

Like, I would be interested in the mp40 and the clown pair if you decide to part out completely emoji4.png

And if things don’t sell locally, Reef2reef is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. If you want to PM about the MP40 and the clown pair we can hash that out. It looks like I"ll be parting out.

13 hours ago, wobble said:

I've actually been considering this since you posted. I've been looking for a complete setup for a few months. Unfortunately a cube just won't fit for my location.

When I got out of the hobby, I didn't want to part it out and ended up taking about $250 for my entire setup. I took a huge loss. I recommend parting it out. You'll get more and it'll go fast. Most who are already in this hobby are looking for lights, skimmer, etc.

If this wasn't a cube, I'd have bought it the day you posted it.

GLWTS!

Well if you things serendipitously end up working out where you change your mind let me know! 

Is it recommended that I find a buyer for the tank before doing a whole break down? I imagine that selling the livestock, corals, and rocks won't be that challenging. 

On 2/21/2018 at 1:45 PM, BeasileyBub said:

Is it recommended that I find a buyer for the tank before doing a whole break down? I imagine that selling the livestock, corals, and rocks won't be that challenging. 

the tank is usually the hardest part of a break down too sell, while its also the biggest piece that could be sitting around for awhile as well. It may be a good idea to sell it first otherwise you might have to take an extremely low amount to get rid of it in the end.