OSU film on plight of coral reefs released!

albertareef

Hey all,

Looks like the documentary film put together by OSU on the plight of coral reefs and based largely on the research of one of their faculty is being released.  Sounds like it is probably somewhat depressing (we all know what's going on) but pretty comprehensive including drone footage etc. so might want to catch it if you can.  There is a screening in PDX at OMSI on Thursday...

Running time: 75 minutes
When: 7 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 15 at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, 1945 S.E. Water Ave., Portland. Screening will include a panel discussion and question and answer period
Tickets: Free, but limited supply; reserve at coralreefmovie.org
More screenings: 7 p.m. Feb. 20 at the LaSells Stewart Center at Oregon State, 875 S.W. 26th St., in Corvallis; and 5:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at the Newport Performing Arts Center, 777 W. Olive St., Newport

• Like 2

I registered for a free ticket and received this additional info:

6 p.m. Doors and table exhibits open

7 p.m. SNEAK PREVIEW: Saving Atlantis – a feature length film by Oregon State University

8:30 p.m. Panel discussion/Q&A with Saving Atlantis film makers and OSU Researchers

I wonder what the table exhibits are? Probably fundraising for a save the reefs cause. I would say I’ll be there early to check that out, but there’s laughter in my head at the mere suggestion of being early for anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1