Excited for the new tank!

Katrina

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting close to the end of the cycle. The tank looks great!

I am planning a water change next week. Then we are ready for some small fish. 

I am not familiar with the program... How does it work? Do usually really nice Coral Store owners donate animals ;-)

The only issue that Katrina is having is the Tunze ATO which works randomly.

We set it up in a plastic container under the tank. Probably 3 ft of head. I gently zip-tied the pump to an acrylic rod to keep it vertical.

I have some of those Tunze ATO Nano at home and they all had problems with the pump. Mine were replaced under warranty and they are fine now. Kinda.

I was wondering if someone has an unused ATO that can give us more stability.

Thanks!

I’ve always found that you kind of had to “prime” it after it ran out of water by holding the pump by the return hose and shaking it up and down while the pump was trying to run.  Once the were starts going that first time I’ve not had any trouble with it not working. Might be worth a try. 

1 hour ago, grassi said:

We are getting close to the end of the cycle. The tank looks great!

I am planning a water change next week. Then we are ready for some small fish. 

I am not familiar with the program... How does it work? Do usually really nice Coral Store owners donate animals ;-)

The only issue that Katrina is having is the Tunze ATO which works randomly.

We set it up in a plastic container under the tank. Probably 3 ft of head. I gently zip-tied the pump to an acrylic rod to keep it vertical.

I have some of those Tunze ATO Nano at home and they all had problems with the pump. Mine were replaced under warranty and they are fine now. Kinda.

I was wondering if someone has an unused ATO that can give us more stability.

Thanks!

Usually certain stores will give you fish at their cost. You can check with Terry at Seahorse. I know Jeff at Cuttlefish and Garrett at TPA always do.  Usually as far as corals there is always someone willing to donate a few. I have some zoas and hammer I can donate.