One Question..

HexaReef

I read through the FAQ, but couldn't find an answer, unless I overlooked it? 

Why does every post or thread I create here need approval by a mod? are there that many out-of-control posts here that require it to be that way? or is there something I missed when signing up?

Moderating gets irritating over time especially if your posting a thread looking for a quick reply of information.

thanks

It is just the first few posts that need approval. This is something that is set up by the software company that we contract with. I know it is a pain as you have to wait for approval but it eliminates the issue of spammers and bots which are a frequent target of forum sites.

Welcome to the forum , I forget the actual number of posts you need to make but I believe it's only about 4 or 5 so you're almost there!

It prevents trolls spamming something and never coming back (don’t contribute to the community at all).

also there use to be an issue of people getting on here and just posting in the classifieds and never anything else. Again, ideally users contribute to the site more than turning it into a reef version of Craigslist.

be patient and it will all be normal after some posts.