400 gallon Envision Acrylic Aquarium

kilmca

Looking to go to a glass tank cause i'm sick of acrylic.  Probably a Marineland 300 since there is a good deal for one on the forums right now.  :)  just need to figure out how to make a 6' tank look good in a space made for a 10' tank.  400g tank dimensions are 120" long x 32" wide x 24" tall.  Tank was purchased the summer of 2008 and setup the fall of 2008.  obviously will need to be buffed out.  Asking $1500.    

• Like 4

On 12/10/2017 at 5:49 PM, albertareef said:

Wow - that will be a change for sure. Definitely some nice 300DD tanks up and running these days - Holly’s perhaps being the most well known example. You will need to retrain your tangs not to just swim in a straight line anymore. 

GLWS and the conversion!

thanks!  yeah the length of this tank is the one thing i'll miss if it does sell.  

On 12/12/2017 at 6:56 PM, spectra said:

Good luck with the sale that's one big tank...........getting it down there was probably easier than its going to be getting it out to :D 

thanks, i'll need all the luck i can get to sell this.  also thanks for the help moving it in.  i'll let you know when i need help moving it out.  :shock:    i'm not surprised but i haven't had any response to this yet.  

if anyone has interest in this tank make an offer.  don't worry about insulting me with a low ball offer.  i'll just say no if it's too low...won't hurt my feelings.  i know this is a pretty unique tank with how long it is but tangs really do love it.  i'll also consider store credit if any stores are interested in this and read this thread.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kilmca said:

I'm not surprised but i haven't had any response to this yet.   

This is no joke, Tanks are simply not selling right now. I put mine up a month ago and it's been on craigslist. I have had a couple flakes, and a guy who was trying to just take the tank off my hands for next to nothing. I cleaned it up and packed it away and just assume I will have a better shot when Taxes come back. A 400 Gallon is kind of hard to tuck away though

12 hours ago, Exodus said:

This is no joke, Tanks are simply not selling right now. I put mine up a month ago and it's been on craigslist. I have had a couple flakes, and a guy who was trying to just take the tank off my hands for next to nothing. I cleaned it up and packed it away and just assume I will have a better shot when Taxes come back. A 400 Gallon is kind of hard to tuck away though

especially 10' long tanks.  i'm going to put it up on craiglist too but it should be interesting to see the kind of inquiries i get on this from craigslist flakes.  

11 hours ago, albertareef said:

Yeah - tough with something this size I would suspect. Awesome tank and great deal but not many folk are really willing to commit to a project like that. Of course, it just takes one so here’s hoping the right person sees it. 

yeah, storage isn't an option for this tank.  :)  i might throw it up on Reefcentral and see what that brings but that will be a hassle to deal with.  

9 hours ago, TheClark said:

Its tempting, but I have a 5x5x2 envision cube with the paper still on it laying in the garage collecting dust.  

you can never have too many tanks. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheClark said:

Still for sale?  I think about this tank every day, then wonder if I am crazy :drool::wacko:

actually this is pending but i didn't think of posting anything here since no one showed serious interest.  i'll let the person who it's pending to post here if he wants people know he's upgrading.

12 hours ago, spectra said:

Hopefully its curbside pick up :laugh: or your excitement will turn into sore muscles..............

Make sure to start a new build thread...............

you interested in helping move this tank again?  this time it won't be able to slide down the steps...:shock:

Edited by kilmca
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, kilmca said:

you interested in helping move this tank again?  this time it won't be able to slide down the steps...:shock:

Sure I can bring a chair and a six pack so I have something to drink while I watch :laugh: 

When is moving day? If not busy I may be able to help out.

• Haha 2