Now it is my california tort too... :(

dsoz

Last night my cali tort was a nice purple color. I was looking at where I broke off some frags for others, and the break points are growing nicely. The skeleton was covered by nice purple flesh.

Tonight it is a different story. The whole coral is BROWN!!!! and the bottom 1/4 inch is bare skeleton, just like on the Oregon tort last week!(sad)

I cut off the bottom inch and threw it away, hoping to save the top part. I dipped the top 4 inches in potassium permanganate as a hope to save it from whatever is eating it. When I put it back in the aquarium I put it in an area of greater flow (everything is kinda jumbled together since I had to do an emergency transfer into a new tank).

I am afraid I may loose my cali tort as well. I think if I loose it I may give up on SPS for now. Monti-eating nudis, and loosing my two torts is too much for me right now.

dsoz

They are both gone... both the cali tort and the oregon tort. :( All that is left is bare white skeleton. I am swearing off SPS for a while. Just keeping what I have in the tank. I may even give those away so I don't kill them off too.

I hope that the frags that I gave to sol and wegotjs are doing well. If the only good that comes of this is that they have healthy frags, then I can at least feel good about something.

dsoz