Sponsor section - Sub group for locals?

nrc

21 minutes ago, nrc said:

For a newb it isn't always clear within the sponsor section where the company or store is based.    A flag or some marker that indicated which city the business is located in would be helpful.

This is an interesting idea.  I wonder if @TheClark or @Chief know of a way to add a location tag to the sponsor landing page so they could all be seen in one place.

• Like 2

I'm in NE near Concordia U (real close to the Kennedy school for the next group meeting).

I'm not too far from Woody's and not too far from the December meeting at Kennedy school.   I don't mind driving to check out a shop.   

Thanks for considering the suggestion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nrc said:

I'm in NE near Concordia U (real close to the Kennedy school for the next group meeting).

I'm not too far from Woody's and not too far from the December meeting at Kennedy school.   I don't mind driving to check out a shop.   

Hmmmm Well if you were going to do a circuit. I would say after Seahorse head to Cuttlefish which is Hillsdale area then down the road is Golden Basket which is mostly online but they have some hours where they are open to the public. Then you can check out Gil&Fin’s fishroom and get a free beer and then off to Upscales.

if you are feeling really adventurous a trip out to Paradise in Hillsboro is worth a drive nice shop and area!

If you are heading down to Salem, stop at Upscales which is in Tualitin. Take a detour in Wilsonville to hit All Things Aquariums and Critter Cabana (but just read they are closing down the livestock)  Then last but not least is The Premium Aquarium.

Road trips are fun!!

This year in April we did a party bus tour of the stores and it was a blast and we plan to do it next year.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, nrc said:

You are real close to me. Seahorse is pretty much the only shop in NE (although pets Broadway has some stuff). Kim’s list covers the highlights and would make a great tour. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chief said:

For now I have some Shop Local banners on the local sites.   I would like to have a mapquest link for each sight up with a general area description like NE Portland etc.   More to come

Jay

Sounds great Jay - I’m sure the vendors will appreciate it as well.