MP10 wet side not staying put!

Optimusprime3605

Trying out my first advanced piece of equipment that I won from the frag fest. I'm a bit behind in the more advanced or high tech world of reef equipment but really, it's just a powerhead, basically. Problem is, I can't seem to keep the wet side stationary, it keeps sliding down to the bottom. The dry side at times, keeps dancing around. Are my tank walls to thick (3/4" acrylic) that the magnetic pull is too weak? Installed it about an hour ago for the first time and after 30 minutes, I stopped to look for some advice from you guys, the experts.

Maybe, I'll just stick to my Amazon cheapo powerheads and sell this one, idk.

Help, please... TIA ba861b92dad3d7ea814e5006eb15b413.jpgb0f3af819c90478b23e894b5aa2e96cd.jpgc53018eb7e675699f79463c44470dcb8.jpg

Sent from my Man Cave while having a cold one! [emoji41]

4 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Why? Why would they make something so nice and have it limited to the thickness of your walls?

Bummer, was kinda looking forward to using it. Oh well, I guess I really have no use for it now... emoji26.png

Sent from my Man Cave while having a cold one! emoji41.png

I think they assume you would need/want the bigger one for a larger (thicker material) tank but they clearly didn’t take raffle winning into account. I think you can get larger magnets for the gyre but not sure about the MPs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think they assume you would need/want the bigger one for a larger (thicker material) tank but they clearly didn’t take raffle winning into account. I think you can get larger magnets for the gyre but not sure about the MPs.
Yeah, what were they thinking? Don't they know our group has great raffle prizes just about every month? Smh...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why? Why would they make something so nice and have it limited to the thickness of your walls?

Bummer, was kinda looking forward to using it. Oh well, I guess I really have no use for it now... [emoji26]

I have an extra mp40 after my tank transfer if you're looking. I will be looking for an mp10 in the next month or so too, if you want to work something out.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bummer, was kinda looking forward to using it. Oh well, I guess I really have no use for it now... [emoji26]

As others have mentioned, this is designed for smaller tanks, and you probably wouldn't be that happy with it in your tank anyhow.

This is a little different than the magnets in your pumps. Those just hold the pump in place, on the mp10 it has to hold it in place and spin the prop through the tank wall.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk