Shout out to Sirena Long the Taco Lady

Emerald525

I wanted to give a special shout out to @Sirena2B540ABD-036A-4ECC-8FC3-5990C88AA36E.jpeg

I could not have pulled off this show without her. She worked all day and then had to make multiple trips to the grocery store. 

She was up late Thursday. She took the day off Friday and spent the entire day preparing the beef and chicken on the Traegar. If that wasn’t enough she also prepped and made dinner for all of the volunteers and some of the vendors.

C4AF5642-7679-4A84-BE9C-4DD95A50A3F0.jpeg

She was the smiling face that met you at the show when you were hungry and stood the entire time!

I believe you can feel when Love ❤️  is put into food and she put lots of love into that food!

47D64F1C-F002-4A05-9B20-26F0D534A324.jpeg

We were up until past midnight shredding chicken and meat and then up at 430am to make it to the show.  We came home didn’t unload the truck and she was so exhausted she slept from 7pm to 7am the next morning!

She really is one of a kind!

4F431C69-2EDE-4966-BF67-D83737EA3D4C.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Emerald525 said:

Sirena mentioned to me that she helped you out many years ago too! Small world Jeremy! :)

Yes indeed!  Crazy small world!  My memory is short these days, but all those years ago I remember her being a happy person and nice to be around.  Some things never change :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheClark said:

Yes indeed!  Crazy small world!  My memory is short these days, but all those years ago I remember her being a happy person and nice to be around.  Some things never change :) 

I did not know her back then but I imagine that what you say is very true!

I also wanted to shout out to @spectra who had the most amazing beans. :drool:I hear the salsa was good too but I am one of those rare unfortunate freaks that Cilantro has a soapy taste for me..:teardrop:

Sirena was most impressed with your culinary skills and your take charge attitude. The two of you made a fabulous team. I know you don't like too much public accolade which is why I have not posted up your own thank you thread. Same goes for Jim Armstrong @Gumby. But both these guys have a heart of gold and are hard working and will never sing their own praises. :clap:

Spectra as many of you know was also the reason I originally checked out this club and wanted to be a part of it... Please don't hold that against him! :nooo::joking:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Awe wow! A gal goes to work and comes home to this. I seriously can not thank Scott and miles for all their help with food. And Jim’s son...so sorry I forgot his name but man he was a hard worker!
I would do this every weekend for this group and for the tanks for teachers [emoji177] we have such an awesome group of people, cooking is the least I can do to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5