Wishing For A Peristaltic Pump For the Calcium Reactor

TheClark

2 minutes ago, xmas_one said:

The operator at the water/wastewater plant said he has seen the tubing last anywhere from 9 months to three years, this is running 24/7.

Yes indeed!  You have to plan on it failing.  Place over the sump and if possible monitor flow (APEX!)

Just a quick update for those interested...

The new pump seems to be doing a good job.  I am pretty happy, will build a few more to replace my noisy plastic peristaltic pumps (topoff and kalk) and keep a spare or two on hand.  Feels good to finally have a decent peristaltic for a decent price.

I would love to try one with a stepper for the calcium reactor and see if it can be even more reliable.

Anyways here is the graph.  I turned down the flow on the 12th, you can see the dip...

RbaQoVv.png

38 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Looking pretty promising!  Meant to talk to you about these at the fragfest but never got a chance. What kind of flow rate are you running now?

That chart is liters per hour.  I am averaging about 6 or 100 mls/minute.  Since my alk demand is not crazy, that means a corresponding reactor PH at 7.05.  I plan on lowering the ph when that is no longer the case and leave the flow steady.

11 hours ago, TheClark said:

That chart is liters per hour.  I am averaging about 6 or 100 mls/minute.  Since my alk demand is not crazy, that means a corresponding reactor PH at 7.05.  I plan on lowering the ph when that is no longer the case and leave the flow steady.

Interestingly, I think this is very close to the parameters I am running right now as well.  Looking forward, however, I only have the ability to control off of pH in 0.1 increments which might not be quite granular enough to fine tune -  hence thinking about testing out one of these setups to give a bit more flexibility.  Currently holding at 8.3-8.6 KH but as the corals grow (fingers crossed)...

• Like 1