Why no Region/State listed in Classified titles?

BabelFish

Every forum I have lived on that had a WTB/FS board does things a little different. But one thing all of the good ones have is some order to it.

Example: FS: (Portland), or FS: (Seattle will ship)

And also, why dont people list their location in FS threads (AT LEAST!) , is this forum that close knit ? Is this Cheers (with a reeftank)... 

anyways....  .02 

• Like 1

We're much too informal and laid back for such geographical constraints.  Who wants to be defined by some imaginary line put in place by the man?

Really though, I think most people add the location to their posts. If they don't, someone will usually ask and then they'll update the post with their location.  There is some truth to the "close knit" nature of the club as well.  Why it isn't included in the software format?  Who knows...maybe it's not worth the effort or maybe it hasn't really been suggested. Might be worthwhile to check out.

• Like 3

It used to be in the profile in the past but with the upgrade that function went away. Not sure if it is available now. . Honestly I just assume everyone has met me and has been to my house by now and knows where I live lol. I will see if this is a possibility.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

It used to be in the profile in the past but with the upgrade that function went away. Not sure if it is available now. . Honestly I just assume everyone has met me and has been to my house by now and knows where I live lol. I will see if this is a possibility.

There is a location field in the profiles (says you are in SE Portland for instance).  Not sure if there is an easy way to leverage that for automation of the classified posts but if I have a question (and can't remember where someone is) that is the first place I look.