Large Reef Garage Sale - July 8th!

KenH

As some of you know, I have operated an internet business out of my garage for the last couple of years selling LED reef lights and live coral.  That business has been closed and now it is time to reclaim the garage which means the stuff in the garage needs to find a new home.

I am having a final liquidation garage sale July 8th starting at NOON.  Everything will be priced to move so that I can shutdown the systems.  

I am located at 13080 SW 107th Ct, Tigard OR 97223.  

Coral - I have a fair amount of coral left.  Mostly SPS frags and Bali maricultured colonies, LPS frags and some soft corals as well.  There are also some misc items like Gorgonians, Urchins, Sea Cucumbers, etc as well. Priced to find new homes so that I can shutdown the systems.  Some stuff will be free to good homes like my pet rock (boulder) montipora with his Sea Urchin BFF.  The urchin was originally just a hitchhiking spec on the montipora.  They have been together for years and the urchin is now more than just a spec and the rock is more of a boulder but it has always stayed with the montipora, so would like to see them find a home together.  The montipora is also loaded with brittlestars and misc worms.

Live Rock - Approximately 400lbs of good quality live rock.  There are lots of larger pieces with some smaller pieces as well.  Some has coralline algae, some has mushrooms, polyps, xenia or other corals growing on them.  $2/lb.

Fish - I have around 50 fish including Yellow, Scopas, Kole and Purple Tangs, Chromis, Bangaii Cardinals, Foxface, Christmas wrasse, etc.  All very healthy.  They can't be caught until the tanks are drained, so if you are interested in some of the fish, we'll need to schedule a time to catch and pick them up.  Selling cheap at around wholesale prices to get them into new homes, so yellow tangs for $10 as an example.

Equipment - Lots of equipment and misc items.  Some of the equipment is in operation until the tanks can be completely shutdown and will be available for pickup by the following weekend.  

LED lights, both new and used.  Mostly 120W LED but also some PAR38 19W LED, 90W LED and 180W LED.  New full spectrum 120W LED will go for $125 which is cheap.  Also have a 400W 20K MH with setup with electronic ballast and a jumbo hood designed to illuminate a large area.  There are also some misc odd-ball large T5 fixtures which I am happy to give to anyone that might be able to use them.

2 complete large calcium reactor setups which are Geo's Reef CR818 setups customized to fit under a 21" stand.  Rated for up to 400-600g, I was using them on heavily loaded 300g setups. Includes main reactor, 2nd stage CO2 scrubber, 10lb aluminum CO2 tank, Carbon Doser electronic regulator, PinPoin pH Controller, feed pump, etc.  Only about a year old.  Pic shows one of the setups when first installed.  Cost $1600, asking $800 OBO.

Lots of misc stuff like Eheim pumps, SRO-5000SSS INT skimmer, Maxspec Gyre, heaters, wavemakers, chemicals, black eggcrate material, GFO/Carbon reactors, 150gpd RO/DI, Reef T-Shirts, Sea Monkey Incubator...you name it, I probably have it.

Tanks - There are four holding tanks that are 48" x 48" x 12" x 3/4" acrylic.  They have overflows with two 1.5" bulkheads but are otherwise undrilled.  Two sumps that are 48" x 18" x 16" and two 40g breeder tank refugiums that  have been drilled on both sides for pumping water through them.  I had 2 tanks connected to each of the sumps and refugiums.  Great for larger scale frag tanks or something like a look-down tidepool tank or perhaps a stingray tank.  There is a possible offer outstanding on some of the these, but accepting backup offers and these REALLY need to find a new home.

Some pics below to give a feel for some of the stuff available.

Garage.jpg

Geo Calcium Reactor Setup.jpg

Acro Frags 1.jpg

Acro Colonies 1.jpg

Live Rock 1.jpg

LPS and SPS.jpg

Live Rock 2.jpg

Live Rock 3.jpg

Shirt Both.jpg

LPS Frags 1.jpg

Acropora sp - Reef Raft Wolverine Colony 1 - Top 2.JPG

Acropora sp - Indo Purple Tip Knobby Colony 1 - Top 2.jpg

Edited by KenH
Added address
  • Like 4

Those tanks Jeff got had  flamed polished rounded corners and were brand new.  I had bought those to expand my setup and never got around to doing the expansion.  These larger tanks are straight cut and have some use on them.  Nice tanks, but have the typical acrylic scratches. If using as a display tank, some buffing would be needed.  New cost was around $900 each.

The address for the garage sale is 13080 SW 107th Ct.  Tigard OR 97223.

Sale starts at NOON.  There isn't a set ending time, but it will go until at least 5 PM.

A quick update on the sale.  The basic coral holding system which includes the tanks, stands, sumps, lights currently over the tanks and skimmers have been sold as a complete system.  Also, most of the fish have been spoken for, but there is still going to be lots of good stuff available on Saturday.

Frags as low as $5 and low prices on about 50 Bali maricultured Acro colonies.  There is also a great selection of live rock that is fully cured and ready to drop directly into tanks if you want to add rock to an existing setup or are setting up a new system.  Bring something to haul rock in if you can, though we have some buckets available.  The goal is to empty the tanks of coral and rock as much as possible on Saturday so expect great prices.

Over 35 new or slightly used full spectrum LED lights from 19W PAR lights to 180W setups.  I also have a couple of small 35W grow light cans that work great for algae scrubbers and some people use them over refugiums.  Lots of PAR light components like clamps, goose necks and sockets.  I have 3W Epistar LEDs available for any DIY'ers out there.

2 killer calcium reactor setups for larger tanks.  Can sell as complete setups or part out.

Par meter, wave makers, Hydor Magnum power heads, books, dosing chemicals, coral glue, etc. etc.  

Junk boxes of free stuff including lots of PVC parts, tubing, etc if you can make sure of them.  There are also some acrylic light mounting components and SS rods that are too nice to throw out and may inspire a project idea or two.

A few more pics attached to wet you appetite.

Acros.jpg

Calcium Reactor.jpg

Lights.jpg

Misc stuff.jpg

Acrylic and SS parts.jpg

My lady picked up so many today that I had to swing by storage and grab my spare 55g w/ stand and set it up. It's full. Even then I had to put some in my other frag tank. Great deals today. Thank you Ken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone that was able to come out today! 

I know the unfortunate timing of the website being down made it difficult for some of you to find us, but hopefully those that did feel like they got some great deals and we got closer to our goal of getting the tanks emptied

I do want to give a special thanks to Holly who I was told was instrumental in getting our address out to a number of people at the last minute and that really helped to save our bacon.  Not to mention the fact that you gotta love a woman that can roll-up her sleeves and bag her own coral when you're swamped.  Also thanks to my friend Tom, who took the brunt of the tagging and bagging workload. 

For those who are picking up fish, the plan is to drain the tanks down next Sunday morning (7/16) and have the fish ready for pickup starting around 2PM.

--- Ken

ReefCorner Sale.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you so much, Ken! I had a great time today. You were incredibly organized and had amazing deals. You're very generous with your time, advice, and corals. I really enjoyed speaking with your wife, as well. I'm just bummed I didn't meet you guys sooner. Good luck on your next adventure!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1