Dive training needed

Twitterbait

I can't help. I was certified by a place in Vancouver. IMO, a quality shop is better than a close shop. There are ways of finding out the record of trainers. How many have had people have accidents, fatalities, etc. Usually the certifying agency (NAUI or PADI) keeps track of these statistics for each dive trainer. At least that is what I was told by the person that referred me to the place in Beaverton.

HTH and good luck. Diving is one of the best experiences that I have ever had. (only been twice since my certification dive, but want to do it more)

dsoz

I have bought some gear from underwater works in tigard & they seemed to be pretty descent. One thing to consider is to make sure the dive shop has the pool in house. I have talked to some people that got their certification at a shop in portland that did not have the pool there & it was a pain. We got certified in vancouver but that is probably a little far for you to travel.

Cuda

My wife got certified at Aquatic Sports, she had a very good instructor. Consider you are wanting to actually get trained. DO NOT just go with the cheapest shop. There is a super good thread over at www.scubaboards.com regarding this. There are many people getting certified that really dont have the proper skills because shops are trying to churn people through the program so they can actually make money on it. They get killed with pool fees and insurance costs. Id love to chat about it if you wanted to call or drop by.

If your going to buy gear I would recommend talking to HydroSports in Keizer. we got SOOO Much help and worked out so many things with them. We visited all the stores in portland and most of them sell this line of gear you cant buy online. This means you cant even compare the LDS price with online vendors. Hydrosports was very competative with online prices, and he special ordered both our BCD's.