Clam and sps order from Reef Corner

AcanLord

I ordered a maxima and an acro from Reef Corner and got them last week. I must say, the pictures were perfect and the size was bigger than expected. The packing was perfect. The water temp was 73 degrees when I received the clam and sps. Basically, I'd recommend them for sure. Great email communication as well. Sent lots of pics and even had some advice for acclimating to light. b36ab4076ce7b892d08c22d4c5262618.jpgfa6e0a58fe9ea8f313fb6ad0c469a2dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Hey Acanlord, have had clams before? I had a Maxima & Derasa but my Tang and Butterfly was pecking at them all the time and I put them under a glass ledge and hand feed them but a month later I found the shells empty. Ist went the Derasa then a couple of weeks later the Maxima disappeared as well.

Thanks Kelly

Hey Acanlord, have had clams before? I had a Maxima & Derasa but my Tang and Butterfly was pecking at them all the time and I put them under a glass ledge and hand feed them but a month later I found the shells empty. Ist went the Derasa then a couple of weeks later the Maxima disappeared as well.
Thanks Kelly

I have had both. I had a file fish take a bite out of the maxima and get its face caught and I had to pull them both out of the tank, pull the fish' face out of the clam and put them back. The fish lived and so did the clam. They both did fine till I had a heater malfunction and my water went to 94 degrees for about 10 hours. Lost all large fish and the clams and a few coral. I know a guy who had a yellow tang eat his 9" maxima. But you two are the only cases I've ever heard of a tang eating a clam. His did it while he was out of town and the care taker forgot to feed the fish for a few days so they had to eat something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk