Live Rock!

MrBret

1 hour ago, TheClark said:

Wow that is some nice live rock!  Where is it from, price, availability etc?  How did you get it so nice and fresh?

I get it from " Gulf Live Rock "  I charge 6 bucks a pound, have im guessing 70 pounds or so left.  I have to get 200 pounds at a time and was pretty clear about my thinking that most people dont want big boulders, give me smaller piece that people can puzzle their reef together and ill be happy.  Comes straight out of the Gulf of Mexico and gets to me in less than 24 hrs. That's where all the extra live comes from.  I take a couple hours and manicure it for lack of a better word, pull off some of the macro alge that i know will die off first, put it through 2 different tubs of rinsing then let the tangs do the rest of the cleaning. Then its a Where's Waldo hunt for how many different organisms you can find.

• Like 1

I had the opportunity to visit Bretts yesterday and I gotta say I love how it's coming together! The tangs were definitely loving that live rock. Haven't seen nice live stuff like that for quite some time!! :)

Ps.. I was not paid for this comment lol

• Like 1