WTB LED lights

Chadm73

Looking for a decent set of LED, or in anyone's opinions, a good set of lights for my tank. I currently have the T5 with 3 blue and 3 white, but my stuff justnisnt doing real well. Some days everything looks great, the next day, only as couple. I don't knowing it's my lighting. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated. TIA!  Also, looking for something reasonable. Cash kinda tight. Thanks again all!

Edited by Chadm73
Meant to add originally

I doubt it's lighting unless your bulbs are super old and a very cheap fixture. They could be too close to the tank possibly also. I would personally start with your parameters.
Give us some more info as well
Tank size
How close is the light to the water
What fixture is it
What are your water parameters

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

65 gallon tall

Lights sit basically on top of tank. I'm not sure how old they are. They came with the setup. I'll check on brands and specs when I get home. I don't know my water parameters honestly. I need to check those again also. So lights sits about 3 inches from top of water. I'll check the rest and get back. I do appreciate the help. Thanks. 

Not knowing how old the bulbs are, they could be pretty old. Also it looks like there are three blue and then three white, i would think it would be better to alternate them.

T5 can really grow coral, I have considered going back to them because I like the look.

Sent from the bottom of the sea.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 3:45 PM, Chadm73 said:

Ok. Checked the water. Ph is 8.2.  Ammonia 0.  Nitrates 0.  Nitrates are high it seems at 40. Trying to figure out the best way to lower them. Seems.like water changes? Any suggestions? Thanks.

How long has tank been up? Could be cycling still

Nitrates seem pretty high. If water changes dont help, I have a partial bottle of " No NO3/PO4" we used it about a year and a half ago when we couldnt our nitrates down, worked like a champ and havent had a problem since.  You're welcome to try it.

8 hours ago, Chadm73 said:

I did a water change today, and was gonna check levels again tomorrow. If nitrates are still high, I may hit up on that. Thanks very much. Still no pics of the new setup?

No pics yet, the IT guys haven't fix my account yet.

• 1 month later...

I recently went back to t5 light from led- I'd guess- other than old bulbs that your lights aren't the problem- and honestly I've found led to be much harder to balance than t5. Led makes so much light you can really fry your corals with them fast. I'd try to reign in the nitrates. Their are lots of methods. I personally use lots of porous rock in my sump and a sulfur reactor, but their are many great options.