New to the hobby. Love it

Chadm73

Brand new to saltwater and everything that comes with it. I was referred to this site,  and love it. Just recently got my first tank up and running. I just got video of my goby tonight for the first time. Just need to start adding the corals and anything that makes this nice. I've read a lot of the posts on here, and appreciate advice just by reading others posts. 

• Like 4

Welcome!  Glad you are finding the site helpful. Lots of wisdom (and wise cracks) floating around in these threads so they are a great resource as you come across questions. I noticed you are another reefer from the Keizer area... seems to be a popular location these days so you should have some local expertise at hand as well. Good luck with the new tank!

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Welcome!  Glad you are finding the site helpful. Lots of wisdom (and wise cracks) floating around in these threads so they are a great resource as you come across questions. I noticed you are another reefer from the Kaiser area... seems to be a popular location these days so you should have some local expertise at hand as well. Good luck with the new tank!

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, Ninjabeaver said:

Hey Chad what lights are you running?  Watch that purple monti, and just adjust lower or higher on how it responds...I have arctic t247's and I got better color from being lower in the tank.  But it all depends on how your system is .

I'll definitely pay attention. So far, doing good!!

Lights are t5 bulbs, for now. With 3 bulbs blue and 3 white. Must be why some corals do a little better lower.

I started out with t5ho and I had great colors with it, almost considered going back as well. Just have to find a good bulb combo.

Sent from the bottom of the sea.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ninjabeaver said:

I started out with t5ho and I had great colors with it, almost considered going back as well. Just have to find a good bulb combo.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just mentioning that the T5 and OR combo has been really good as well.  Pics in this thread of how I mounted ORs into a T5.  Something to consider @Ninjabeaver

• Like 1

Not trying to hijack the thread, just mentioning that the T5 and OR combo has been really good as well.  Pics in this thread of how I mounted ORs into a T5.  Something to consider [mention=15266]Ninjabeaver[/mention]

That link didn't work for me, but I would definitely consider doing a t5 supplement. I think I have room in the canopy.

• 1 month later...

Not trying to hijack the thread, just mentioning that the T5 and OR combo has been really good as well.  Pics in this thread of how I mounted ORs into a T5.  Something to consider [mention=15266]Ninjabeaver[/mention]

What does "OR" stand for? I've only ever heard of T5/Halide and T5 LED combo. I'd love to see those pictures. Btw, OP, looks like I have the same tank! I love it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Engineer. 

I love my engineer goby! Had him for over two years now but only see him when he pokes his head out when I walk by or for a few very short seconds during feeding. He's such a cool fish, it's hard to get people to believe he's even in there lol. I also have a yellow watchman goby and his pistol shrimp friend, same thing only see them during feeding time. Beautiful tank by the way!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk