65G Rookie Build

ThadMan23

Im going to be swapping tanks soon, and will have some mushrooms and a Toadstool or two, you are welcome to them if you want.  Ive also got 55 gallons of RODI water if you want to speed up the filling process.  Im in Keizer. 

Edited by WingRider62
  • Like 1

Thanks for the offers guys but I picked up a cheap RO/DI filter for my kitchen faucet and then I'm going to use prime with it so I hope everything goes well. Thanks again for the lights powder blue 2 is perfect[emoji108]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Im going to be swapping tanks soon, and will have some mushrooms and a Toadstool or two, you are welcome to them if you want.  Ive also got 55 gallons of RODI water if you want to speed up the filling process.  Im in Keizer. 

Thank you for the offer on the water I may take you up on the offer with the mushrooms and toadstools do you have any pictures of them?

10 minutes ago, ThadMan23 said:

Thank you for the offer on the water I may take you up on the offer with the mushrooms and toadstools do you have any pictures of them?

Heres a few pics from my tablet.  If you are available Saturday afternoon, you even help me get my new tank off my truck and into the garage.  I could toss you a couple more frags.

20170419_164944.jpg

20170419_164939.jpg

20170419_164955.jpg

20170419_165006.jpg

46 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Lookin good man! I could have sent you with like 50 gallons of water if I knew you needed some. I keep 55 gallons on hand pretty much constantly.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Making a mental note of this for emergency purposes :)

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 2

Heres a few pics from my tablet.  If you are available Saturday afternoon, you even help me get my new tank off my truck and into the garage.  I could toss you a couple more frags.
20170419_164944.thumb.jpg.ada9a9f745cf83c11b4dfd2022a832e4.jpg
20170419_164939.thumb.jpg.868660d690a9a3984b7f775c6649633e.jpg
20170419_164955.thumb.jpg.cd73f6afc716434c1e4edadf36303f05.jpg
20170419_165006.thumb.jpg.de09d2c7c1ed47ce6a0641897b335311.jpg

sounds great man! what time you thinking?

2 hours ago, WingRider62 said:

20170419_164944.jpg

20170419_164939.jpg

20170419_164955.jpg

20170419_165006.jpg

Let me know if you need help. I'm in Keizer also.

well if all goes well it will still be dry in the morning! but I i do need to get a new one way check valve I don't like that this one is spring loaded making my pump have to work harder to push the water up also hurting the overall GPH. not to mention it doesn't even seal all the way... lmao PO[emoji90] !!!4ee8914fb6a58b64c79105940d011d76.jpge2b4e045f6280f8b0de393d524a92180.jpg88b619bcf290de627cbb1d2281681c65.jpg

12 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

Welcome! If you're using RO/DI water, you can skip the Prime. Dechlorination and everything else that needs to happen is done by the time the water exits the RO/DI filter. 

Looking forward to seeing how your tank progresses. :fish:

it's only a 2 chamber from petco I can't see it removing everything that's why i add prime. I could be mistaken thou? I would eventually like to upgrade to a 4 chamber + when money is right. 

15 minutes ago, ThadMan23 said:

it's only a 2 chamber from petco I can't see it removing everything that's why i add prime. I could be mistaken thou? I would eventually like to upgrade to a 4 chamber + when money is right. 

That is probably a smart move.  Especially if you don't know if your unit is effective for chloramine as well as chlorine.  Different water providers use different sterilizing chemicals and not all filters are effective at removing both (used to have to specify chloramine capable cartridges when replacing).  I think there are some folk on here that discovered this the hard way when chloramine started being used more broadly (insert sad face here).

21 minutes ago, ThadMan23 said:

Hmm, probably better safe than sorry then. I'd continue using Prime in your case. 

You might consider getting you water tested out of the RO as well as tested in the tank.

RO is tested be a TDS meter which is available lots of places, but I would try a LFS first to see if they will test it for you.

Tank water should be tested for ammonia, nitrites, and nitates. If you don't have these at home, again a LFS would be your best bet.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

You might consider getting you water tested out of the RO as well as tested in the tank.

RO is tested be a TDS meter which is available lots of places, but I would try a LFS first to see if they will test it for you.

Tank water should be tested for ammonia, nitrites, and nitates. If you don't have these at home, again a LFS would be your best bet.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I have had SW for a few years just never used RO water before this tank. :)

I just got home with my new tank and stand.  When could come pick up some coral and maybe help get them off my truck and into the garage?

I just got back from the coast I need to shower and Chang then I can head that way shoot me a text and I'll get your address