What is this??

bigfish

1 hour ago, matty said:

Just out of curiosity, google "Peanut Worm"

I'm not saying Chewie is wrong, it just has characteristics of a peanut worm and they are harmless. 

I'm still unsure because I have never seen either. Although, it does look like it has some sort of appendages/legs, which makes me lean towards eunicid, but again, I've never seen either one.

Peanut Worm:naked_peanut_worm.jpg

Eunicid Worm: eunicid.jpg

39 minutes ago, milesmiles902 said:

I'm still unsure because I have never seen either. Although, it does look like it has some sort of appendages/legs, which makes me lean towards eunicid, but again, I've never seen either one.

Peanut Worm:naked_peanut_worm.jpg

Eunicid Worm: eunicid.jpg

I didn't even notice the hairy body until I was able to zoom in just now on my PC, I thought those strings were from the pissed shroom because I was looking on my phone. 

I would agree with Eunicid worm after noticing that. I wish I could find one of these in my tank, lol I would love to have one in my sump. 

It does look like it is form of worm from the Eunicida genus, Vary cool creatures from an evolutionary stand point, not from a coral reef hobbyist point. The seltzer water trick works for a variety of creatures not just worms, animals cant stand the co2 bubbles popping all around as well as the osmotic and PH differentials.

I actually snagged one of those "bobbit" worms from some rock in one of my accounts tanks, I keep it in a tiny nano that I gave to my oldest son, he appreciates many of the lesser forms of life or "pests".

• Like 3