5lbs CO bottle cost

shaywood

You can check out Airgas. You can just get a tank from them and then start swapping.

People (myself included) get all excited about buying a new shiny tank, but then it becomes difficult to find places that actually fill them rather than swap them. Spoiler alert, a shiny tank ain't that special so you can definitely do yourself a favor and just start with a used tank.

Like I said Airgas is good. I go to Central Welding Supply because it's close to my route to work. Up until one month ago I could fill up my 20lb. tank for twenty bucks. Now it's like $21.50.

Just a guess, but 5 pounders are probably about $15.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

You can check out Airgas. You can just get a tank from them and then start swapping.

People (myself included) get all excited about buying a new shiny tank, but then it becomes difficult to find places that actually fill them rather than swap them. Spoiler alert, a shiny tank ain't that special so you can definitely do yourself a favor and just start with a used tank.

Like I said Airgas is good. I go to Central Welding Supply because it's close to my route to work. Up until one month ago I could fill up my 20lb. tank for twenty bucks. Now it's like $21.50.

Just a guess, but 5 pounders are probably about $15.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Good guess!  I spend 15 for 5# tank swaps at Home Brewers Exchange over on Intererstate. Nice thing about that is they are open Sat and Sunday - which isn't true for many of the welding places.  Home brewing... not just for beer anymore. 

• Like 1