tank updates if you please.....

180Brandy

So how is everyones tank doing? Still same o same o or have there been major changes even small changes?

I will start: Our 180 gallon is doing ok. Our ph is up to 8.52 not sure why (scratch). We did have a yucky film on top of the water its going away ever so slowly. We have green ferns and what looks like small green grapes growing out of our live rock. Our three fish are alive and well.

Anyone else????

Well so far so good. Have had my 90 running for about 2 months now maybe longer. Have added some SPS, Zoos and a few other things. Everything seems to be doing great. Need to invest in a calcium reactor to keep everything happy in the coral world. And as for livestock have only lost a pearly jawfish due to jumping out and one cleaner shrimp not known what happened came home yesterday to find it being eaten by the CC. Will post some pics soon just need to take a few.

Mine is the first to report bad. I have the monti-eating-nudies. at least 4 of my corals are at death's door or already dead from both the nudies and the potassium permanganate treatment. What makes me most upset is that most of the corals that I got at CFM were Montipora. Now I have some very expensive coral frags that I am in danger of loosing. :(

The fish Bubble and Surf (clowns), Hector (hector's goby), Flick (fire fish), and Jaba (lawnmower blenny) are all still alive and swimming. My LPS are all doing fine. Each of my frogspawn are starting to form a new mouth or two. I am hoping that they will split again in the near future. My green BTA is still going strong. It started out more of a red/brown color, but has turned to a pale green color. I have had it two months and it has taken two walks, stinging different corals each time. I am ready to put it in the classified section (I may already have a person lined up to buy it at the end of the month).

I have my new 75g, but I need to build a stand before everything can be moved over. Once my 45g has been emptied, I will convert it to a sump for the 75g. I have been spending time making some DIY rock out of some left-over mortar that I used for another project. Now it is soaking in a tub of water that I change every few days. I will give it a couple of months to "cure" then it will become rock that I will use as a base for the rock I have currently, and also as rock rubble that I will put in my sump.

That is most of everything that is exciting in my tank lately.

dsoz

• 4 months later...

I'm Kevin, ie, "Mean Face Daddy"

My tank is newly set-up, thanks to a few of the members of the club, craig, for the great deal on the 90 GAL, stand and two canopies. It has been a year in the making. I used live sand and live rock from one of the members that takes down tanks every now and then,...thanks Reef-Fisher, and finally I bought my skimmer and pumps from Albany Amazing Aquariums, Fishy-man in Albany, thanks Roger.

I guess I can say that I'm stupid, because I a taking it slow not planning to rush the process and end up with a big pain in my a@@.

WHAT I HAVE

90 GAL

45 GAL Sump/Refugium

Catalina Skimmer

Catlalina 1800 Skimmer Pump

Catalina 2300 Return Pump

2 Light Fixtures 4 Bulb Each

w/ 2 1200K 65 Watt Daylight

2 1200K 65 Watt Actinic True Blue

2 Moon Strips

2 200 Watt Ebo Heaters

100+ Pounds Live Rock From A Few Different Tanks

100+ Pounds Live Sand From A few Different Tanks

LIVE STOCK

4 FLAME SCALLOPS

4 EMERALD CRAB

1 ARROW CRAB

30 VERY SMALL BLUE LEG HERMIT CRAB

50 SNAILS VARIOUS SIZES AND TYPES

Will post pics within a few day, addtional lights will be purchased in a few week. I am in the process of reading up on T-4, T-5, and MH, but I am only going to buy light one time, one or the other. I currently have (CPF) 500+ Watts, all lights are 12000K.

I value your input on a lighting choice, so please send me a PM.

Thanks

Kevin

If you must know...

I was batttling some hair algae in my display, and after adding a larger clean up crew including hermits, urchins, a rabbit and a tang, I decided it wasnt gonna work. tore everything down and had it in bins with powerheads and heaters so I could scrub all the rocks and vaccum the sand. Little did i know, the bin with the fish and all the corals in it had a faulty heater. Lost all my fish, all my sps, and just over half of my lps. The zoos and shrooms came back strong, but that doesnt do much for me. Anyone want to buy some sps skeletons(sad)

If you must know...

I was batttling some hair algae in my display, and after adding a larger clean up crew including hermits, urchins, a rabbit and a tang, I decided it wasnt gonna work. tore everything down and had it in bins with powerheads and heaters so I could scrub all the rocks and vaccum the sand. Little did i know, the bin with the fish and all the corals in it had a faulty heater. Lost all my fish, all my sps, and just over half of my lps. The zoos and shrooms came back strong, but that doesnt do much for me. Anyone want to buy some sps skeletons(sad)

Sorry to here things did not go goood. I always hate to use totes or buckets to hold things over.